• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    You still haven't heard anything back from msp on your hgp application yet

No, not yet. I do check their website daily.

I do find it odd that some get it in less than a month and others are a couple of months. I've already renewed my HQL which only took a couple of days. I also have my Designated Collector and just went through and was approved for TSA PreCheck.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    It seems msp is moving slow and I have a friend who application was kicked back to him because his fingers prints didn't go through so his application say on hold status, he was told he needed to get in contact with the finger print scan company, which he did and they told him it wasn't his fault and they done his prints over and resent them, yesterday he received a letter from cjis say his background was clear and they will send it to msp who requested the prints. Now he's waiting for msp to open or start back on is application. He's impatient as why it's taking so long. Thanks for the response keep me posted. I will definitely keep you posted.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Mine was accepted on 9/8/23, no other info yet. I'm waiting impatiently.
    Sounds like you are still within normal time span. They are, currently, running approx 30-40 days from “accepted” to “approved”.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    Sounds like you are still within normal time span. They are, currently, running approx 30-40 days from “accepted” to “approved”.
    Wooow I seen others done ✔ way faster maybe they will just skip some of the b-s and send your permit especially if everything else was clear. Keep me posted i hope all goes well

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick

Yeah, I'm just the impatient type. I'll start to worry if we get close to the 90 day limit. I do check the website every evening to see if today is the day.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Wooow I seen others done ✔ way faster maybe they will just skip some of the b-s and send your permit especially if everything else was clear. Keep me posted i hope all goes well
    There have been a few outliers done sooner, but less than 30 days is not the norm.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Yeah, I'm just the impatient type. I'll start to worry if we get close to the 90 day limit. I do check the website every evening to see if today is the day.
    During the height/surge of applications, they got up to around 60 days (“accepted” to “approved”). Now that applications seem to have leveled off, I imagine ~30 days may become the standard.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    What about when they put the application on hold because your finger print did go through and now they got them do you have to redo the whole application or just update upload

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    What about when they put the application on hold because your finger print did go through and now they got them do you have to redo the whole application or just update upload
    Do whatever they told you. If you have questions, the best thing to do is call the Licensing Division.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I didn't know that you could call them, good idea, how's your hgp process going. You have yours maybe I miss what you say about your hgp.
    If MSP instructed you to get your prints redone and you followed their instructions regarding that request, you shouldn’t have to do anything but wait. If you have a question about the process regarding your print resubmission, MSP would be the best source. However, don’t call them just to ask them “how long?”.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    I think you are right ✅ and I will just be patient my application say complete. Just waiting for them to say accepted. Or whatever they say after submitted, thanks have a great weekend

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I think you are right ✅ and I will just be patient my application say complete. Just waiting for them to say accepted. Or whatever they say after submitted, thanks have a great weekend

I think the wait drives most people to a bit of anxiety. I know it happened to me and it's happening to my buddy right now. He works for a defense contractor and has clearance, but he's nervous. He asked me last night if I had been called by MDSP since he listed me as one of his referrals. I jokingly told him they did call and I eluded to how he has a violent streak, and use to push his grandmother around. LOL.. I was dying laughing on the inside. He was freaking out a bit, saying, "Please tell me you're joking... Did they really call? How long do you think it'll be for me to get approved?"

When I 1st applied, I was talking with another friend of mine and he said his brother took the class and got his WCP. I called his brother to try and get some feedback on timelines and guess what I found out. I found that he chickened out and didn't even apply. Bwahahahaha!! He already had his HQL and owned a pistol.. and he was making excuses to me as to why he didn't need to carry. I asked why he took the WC class and he couldn't tell me a reason as to why. To each his own I guess.

Based on my friend's brother, if the wait to approve a WCP is to try and discourage people, it's working on many I'm guessing.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    I think the wait drives most people to a bit of anxiety. I know it happened to me and it's happening to my buddy right now. He works for a defense contractor and has clearance, but he's nervous. He asked me last night if I had been called by MDSP since he listed me as one of his referrals. I jokingly told him they did call and I eluded to how he has a violent streak, and use to push his grandmother around. LOL.. I was dying laughing on the inside. He was freaking out a bit, saying, "Please tell me you're joking... Did they really call? How long do you think it'll be for me to get approved?"

When I 1st applied, I was talking with another friend of mine and he said his brother took the class and got his WCP. I called his brother to try and get some feedback on timelines and guess what I found out. I found that he chickened out and didn't even apply. Bwahahahaha!! He already had his HQL and owned a pistol.. and he was making excuses to me as to why he didn't need to carry. I asked why he took the WC class and he couldn't tell me a reason as to why. To each his own I guess.

Based on my friend's brother, if the wait to approve a WCP is to try and discourage people, it's working on many I'm guessing.
    Good stuff, Good info, great advice !!!

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    My date of application was 9/19, my NICS was done on 9/28, my "Final Disposition" was entered on 10/25 which included my permit number and noted "Restrictions: NONE". I got an email on 10/25 from MSP noting that I would receive written notification of the disposition via the United States Postal Service within 10-14 business days.

abyrd

Sep 29, 2023
    Clinton Maryland
    My date of application was 9/19, my NICS was done on 9/28, my "Final Disposition" was entered on 10/25 which included my permit number and noted "Restrictions: NONE". I got an email on 10/25 from MSP noting that I would receive written notification of the disposition via the United States Postal Service within 10-14 business days.
    Enjoy your day all should work out well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom