• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-066 See right now... 0.07/rd Be quick!

Of course shipping brings it a little higher. But, but multiple packs and it defrays the cost. You still have to wait for it get there, too.

Ive shot this stuff before its fun for a box or so... its really quiet and you can actually see the projectile going down range! but it doesnt have the kick to operate a semi auto rifle.

boomer1821

Oct 21, 2012
    Given what I hear and see on the larger ammo sites, .22LR is hard to come by or doesn't exist.
    I have a friend of a friend that has some for sale at $130 per 1000 rounds. Is this a good price in the current market?
    Thanks

The OP doesn't say what kind of ammo the friend of a friend is offering at $0.13 per round. That price wouldn't be crazy for moderate grade match ammo or better, say Wolf or SK, would it?

rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Given what I hear and see on the larger ammo sites, .22LR is hard to come by or doesn't exist.
    I have a friend of a friend that has some for sale at $130 per 1000 rounds. Is this a good price in the current market?
    Thanks

CCI Stingers are like 0.13 a round. Bargain or walk away from your friends friend. Just my opinion

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Thanks

Call your local dicks they should know when they are gonna get ammo.. .. i got Bucket o bullets its rem golden bullet.. cheap.. but ok plinkin for me.. 1400 rounds for 60

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    The super colibri is fun to shoot even in an AR-15 .22LR. You just get to work that charging handle a lot more but you're still plinking and thats all that matters to me. All I'm shooting right now is the super colibri.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    A drink of water in the desert is good deal at any price but 1000s of 22lr at $130 better be gold plated match rounds. Any thing over .06 is more then I willing to pay.

Must be the price a liberal willing to sale out to be a capitalist. :tdown:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    The super colibri is fun to shoot even in an AR-15 .22LR. You just get to work that charging handle a lot more but you're still plinking and thats all that matters to me. All I'm shooting right now is the super colibri.

U shouldn't shoot those in a rifle due to the possibility of the bullet getting stuck in the barrel. Colibris are made for handguns.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have 1600 rounds total of Aguila and Federal .22lr that I have no use for anymore since I sold my M&P22. Message me if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Rounds with no powder are fun in my Ruger single Six.
    A cap gun is louder than they are.
    Don't know about cost though, the ones I have were in a pile of stuff I picked up helping a lady after her husband died.

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    U shouldn't shoot those in a rifle due to the possibility of the bullet getting stuck in the barrel. Colibris are made for handguns.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I've shot just over a 1000rds in my .22 rifle with no issues. I am sure it COULD happen but it seems more like a rumor then anything else as I have never seen anyone post proof of it.

I could be wrong but when they warn against shooting it in rifles, I do not think they are talking about rifles with 14.5" barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom