• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I did not really need it but my neighbor was looking for some. If you factor in the time and gas running around looking it is not too bad. Looks like it might be a little better than cheap bulk.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Yeah, $44 isn't much better than what it's going for on GunBroker or the classifieds here. Especially considering it's Aguila :crazy:

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I was also a little shocked by the shipping prices. People always talk about how fair Midway is. Looks like this is there way of raising the price without raising the item price.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    That's cool, I had one in my cart, clicked checkout, and my cart vanished. Of course it was then sold out. This is how it works in a real store too right? Once you put something in your cart, someone else can still buy it. People need to learn how to program their online stores. Putting an object in your cart should remove it from availability and lock it to you unless you cancel or don't order within a set time.

Dec 31, 2012
    It's better ammo than the $29 brick of blazers from Natchez. I bit the bullet on this one and had to get one despite there being nothing else in stock to balance the shipping.

I'm pretty well torn between preparing for potential unemployment and feeding the wife's new 22 pistol that will be here whenever MSP lets her have it.
    The wife wants a new gun, her 2nd gun and 1st semi, and wants to shoot it. Hard to quibble about the shipping in this situation.

Anyway, when in what feels like the far distant past I use to pay ~$7.50/100 for mini-mags at Walmart that was .075 a round, now I'm paying .087 a round for slightly lesser quality, not horrible considering circumstances.

Thanks for posting this notice.

edit:
    The last time she shot a semi we burned a brick in 40 minutes, so yeah, I need it.

Dec 31, 2012
    That's cool, I had one in my cart, clicked checkout, and my cart vanished. Of course it was then sold out. This is how it works in a real store too right? Once you put something in your cart, someone else can still buy it. People need to learn how to program their online stores. Putting an object in your cart should remove it from availability and lock it to you unless you cancel or don't order within a set time.

I was bumped off the site 3 times and my cart crashed as well. Somehow still made it through. Of course I may later receive the 'sorry out of stock' email.

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I tried to have them add a few very small items to the order and they could not do that without canceling the original order and I would lose the ammo. Great order system. Even at Walmart you can add a pack of gum and beef jerky last minute at the checkout.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I think we are getting screwed on .22lr. I have been tracking ammo prices for months now
    and slowly, everything is becoming available in small quantities. 5.56 has gone from .92 to .75 and this week .60 although it sells out, it pops up the next day.
    .22lr on the other hand was being sold at .06 round when it came in stock, this week it's up to .10 round from the same vendors. While the price has increased, they are letting you buy multiple boxes! Whoopee, I get to pay 300% mark up for 10 boxes now.
    They know we are falling back to .22lr for shooting, so they just keep putting it to us. I am fortunate to have ammo, but I am remembering who is greedy. So far SGA Ammo is one of the few folks with honest deals, and Cheaper than dirt is the Reaper of Hurt in my book.

Dec 31, 2012
    I think we are getting screwed on .22lr. I have been tracking ammo prices for months now
    and slowly, everything is becoming available in small quantities. 5.56 has gone from .92 to .75 and this week .60 although it sells out, it pops up the next day.
    .22lr on the other hand was being sold at .06 round when it came in stock, this week it's up to .10 round from the same vendors. While the price has increased, they are letting you buy multiple boxes! Whoopee, I get to pay 300% mark up for 10 boxes now.
    They know we are falling back to .22lr for shooting, so they just keep putting it to us. I am fortunate to have ammo, but I am remembering who is greedy. So far SGA Ammo is one of the few folks with honest deals, and Cheaper than dirt is the Reaper of Hurt in my book.

Cheaper than dirt was not easy to deal with before everything went hyper, now they're down right sleazy.
    I'd sooner have midway pick up a few bucks off of my shipping than give it to CTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom