• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    She notes something that people often ignore when quoting the Scalia decision in the Heller case.

Scalia said that the second amendment is not unlimited and there can be reasonable restrictions set. This is the part all anti-gun people use to say a ban is constitutional.

But they ignore the rest of the decision where Scalia goes on to say he supports the miller decision saying that the sorts of weapons protected by the second amendment are those “in common use at the time”.

These decisions make any ban on any small arms unconstitutional.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...Columbia+v.+Heller&hl=en&as_sdt=2,21&as_vis=1

And... Dupe. :P
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=112541

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Has anyone looked at a list of firearms in use by the military and compared it to the list of names firearms banned in sb281?

No matches. odd, I thought these were military weapons. Why hasn't the military adopted them?

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Good interview! Although it was really lacking in a lot of ways when she kept saying that any bans "wouldn't pass Constitutional muster". Clearly, we have a lot of people in office who think that a ban is Constitutional. And if it came to the courts, I see the Supreme Court deciding on party lines...

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I think these people actually realize that a ban is unconstitutional...they just don't care. They think the constitution is a historical relic and that we have evolved past the point of needing such a out of date document for guidance. They just have to keep attacking it long enough and they think they'll prove their point eventually.

Good interview! Although it was really lacking in a lot of ways when she kept saying that any bans "wouldn't pass Constitutional muster". Clearly, we have a lot of people in office who think that a ban is Constitutional. And if it came to the courts, I see the Supreme Court deciding on party lines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom