• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No prob...I did learn something from the session. And I say this with fervor:

I'm better off getting my 2A MD related information from this board/group..the info here has always been invaluable. Didn't learn a thing from that zoom session other than the realization above.
    And there in lies the reason why most of the mouth breathers on the call aren't members here, they wouldn't last a week with all of their BS.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    A ZOOM meeting with a thousand MD new permit holders and holder wannabees should never have been attempted. It's hard to say whether it was hels out of cynicism, so MSP could enjoy watching the sh!tshow, or whether it was a genuine attempt to provide a public service and share information.

A more reasonable method might have been to request submission of questions, with written response provided once the multiples had been distilled down to a few score valid answerables.
    It would be nice if we had a Maryland 2A specific Wiki, with actual cites to the various statutes and AG opinions, that most of us know by heart, some where that we could point people to a link.

Maybe such a list could be developed here and submitted? I'd like some factual, numerical info myself, as would nearly everyone here, I suspect.
    I used to ask MSP for their weekly numbers and get them via e-mail, it shouldn't be that hard to do that now.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Didn’t watch the zoom but reading the MDS updates , thanks guys, I have learned that people actually use 22 pistols. Doesn’t Duluth Trading make .22 proof jackets.

Was hoping more on mag capacity.
    What more do you need on magazine capacity, other than, that there is no restriction on the magazine capacity that can be used in Maryland. Period.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    This is what I learned from this thread. Oh, and the moderator/OP has a hard on for OC. :whack:
    Well, and also perhaps the moderator is a little too friendly with the Pickle (but is that repetitive). Why were we not pressing for stats and approval rates, and other key questions?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Well, and also perhaps the moderator is a little too friendly with the Pickle (but is that repetitive). Why were we not pressing for stats and approval rates, and other key questions?
    I did. I asked ahead of time. John glossed right over that shit before Pickle even got there.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    On the other hand, no one should be required to work for free.

The solution as I see it is for the state to provide the training that they require, at no cost to the student.
    People don’t have to work for free.

The solution is to stop infringing on constitutional rights. That means no mandatory crap.

Sorry but I have watched the whole $450-$500 training quotes before people started charging less. Just a bunch of POS trying to profit off another group of POS infringing on constitutional rights.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Are you guys saying that all classes should be taught to the absolute minimum and students should be using 22s in all classes because that is the minimum allowed?
    It’s not the minimum. They could use a 17 HMR if they were so inclined. Live fire is the requirement - there is no minimum or maximum caliber.

Honestly, why the hell do you care? If someone wants to carry a 22 are you going to try to talk them out of it? It’s perfectly legal to carry a 17 HMR or 22 SR/LR/WMR if someone wants to.

EDIT: I plan on using an m1895 Nagant shooting original 1960’s surplus 7.62x38R on my renewal qualification just because I can. Would you disallow that because there’s 0% chance I’d actually carry this gun?

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It’s not the minimum. They could use a 17 HMR if they were so inclined. Live fire is the requirement - there is no minimum or maximum caliber.

Honestly, why the hell do you care? If someone wants to carry a 22 are you going to try to talk them out of it? It’s perfectly legal to carry a 17 HMR or 22 SR/LR/WMR if someone wants to.

EDIT: I plan on using an m1895 Nagant shooting original 1960’s surplus 7.62x38R on my renewal qualification just because I can. Would you disallow that because there’s 0% chance I’d actually carry this gun?
    I would allow you to bring the Nagant and your reloader for it, remembering that you are only supposed to have 5 rounds loaded each time explictly per the course of fire. I hope you don't come up on an empty cylinder.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    Damn it.... i didn't think to ask about approval rates when I asked about the submissions and approvals.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I would allow you to bring the Nagant and your reloader for it, remembering that you are only supposed to have 5 rounds loaded each time explictly per the course of fire. I hope you don't come up on an empty cylinder.
    There’s no reloader for it - it loads like an old single action revolver, one shell at a time. It’s a really terrible gun, but the gas seal is pretty neat.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Damn it.... i didn't think to ask about approval rates when I asked about the submissions and approvals.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Other people did. Apparently, the moderator blew off the questions.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    There’s no reloader for it - it loads like an old single action revolver, one shell at a time. It’s a really terrible gun, but the gas seal is pretty neat.
    Tovarisch, with nagant revolver, one does not need more bullets in gun, nor do you need more reloadink, perhaps you just need more commisars, or simply fewer dissidents?

Doveryai no proveryai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom