• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    There appears to be a sharp divide among gun owners on the question of open carry versus concealed carry. Each side has its arguments. What do you think?

Join us in a casual open forum on the pros and cons of open carry v. concealed carry in Maryland. Zoom IV will be a friendly non-recorded discussion with Maryland gun owners during which individual views and opinions can be expressed.
    In this email:

• Zoom IV: Open Discussion Invitation Link - Open Carry v Concealed Carry
    • Reader Survey: Open Carry v Concealed Carry
    Best regards,
    2A Maryland

Zoom IV Meeting - Open Discussion
    The Political and Social Ramifications of
    Open Carry v. Concealed Carry in Maryland
    Note: The Maryland State Police will not be participating in this Zoom meeting.
    You are invited to an open discussion Zoom meeting.
    When: Sep 22, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Registration through 2A Maryland. Nope, I'm not going to share the link here.​

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Without any regulatory guidance from the state, what’s the point of the Zoom? Just to listen to a bunch of guys bicker? I can just open up the water cooler if this forum if I want that.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Without any regulatory guidance from the state, what’s the point of the Zoom? Just to listen to a bunch of guys bicker? I can just open up the water cooler if this forum if I want that.
    We need no regulatory guidance....open carry is legal w/ wear and carry permit. Full stop. I don't understand why the 'merits' of open carry is being debated.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maybe they will invite some of the Moms Demanding Action for their views. It would be hilarious to see them defending CC because OC makes them look at scary guns. :rofl:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    what’s there to discuss? Both are legal and some are for it while others are against it.

It’s like having a call to discuss philosophical reasons for/against abortion. Nothing will get accomplished.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Complete waste of time. Most, if not all folks have made up their minds and dug in their heels.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I consider John Josselyn my friend. I believe open carry is a good thing, ultimately.

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    I'll be open carrying to force liberal progressive commies to look at my gun! The freak outs and them being unconfortable will humor me. Heck if they see enough guns around they may just move out of the country.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Wait till the folks that took the Maryland CCW courses chime in on how their instructors told them open carry is illegal.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Sadly, I think some folks would give up Open Carry as it's scary and they think they will keep Concealed Carry without other restrictions.

Maryland politicians, of both parties, are not our friends and I am just too damned tired of compromise.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    We need no regulatory guidance....open carry is legal w/ wear and carry permit. Full stop. I don't understand why the 'merits' of open carry is being debated.

THIS. Why in the hell are they even having this zoom meeting? Complete waste of time and resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Could be constructive

Without heavy and balanced moderation it'll devolve though

2A is on record being against it BTW

If 2A MD is against OC, why are they having this again? So we can get screwed over?
    The people that believe in part of the 2nd Amendment, or only in a certain way, or I beilieve in it but…….
    all need to fvck off.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Sadly, I think some folks would give up Open Carry as it's scary and they think they will keep Concealed Carry without other restrictions.

Maryland politicians, of both parties, are not our friends and I am just too damned tired of compromise.

They don't compromise. They take

Maryland politicians in the MGA put us in harms way. Not only are they not our friends, they were and they remain demonstrably our enemies.

Deal with the thugs. Not another damned inch.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Wait till the folks that took the Maryland CCW courses chime in on how their instructors told them open carry is illegal.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    Mine didn’t say it was illegal. Mine said he would reccomend since this is Maryland lol

Mine also one time mentioned it was legal, but best not to because it's not a normal sight in this state and there are a lot of idiots out there who would make your day longer by calling 911 and forcing you to have an "interaction." My paraphrasing of what he said.

Plus, as was stated somewhere in this forum, if a dirtbag sees you have a gun, he will put you in the number one slot on his list.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I can sum it all up in one statement.

"If you like CC? Then CC. If you like OC? Then OC. It doesn't matter what someone else does, mind your own damned business."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom