• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    The 3 gun match scheduled for May 22nd has been canceled.

I don't know the reason for the cancellation, I just recieved the info in an E-mail. If and when I find out, I will pass along the information.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    What's the schedule for these? I want to shoot at least one by summer's end. My schedule finally clears out a bit after 4 July.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks MDCXD. I too am very interested in these affairs, but I have yet to locate any source of information on how to figure out when they are upcoming.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    They were scheduled for every other month, but in March, Mike had hand surgery, then this Saturday's got canceled for a yet undetermined reason. I assume at some point we'll get back on a schedule of every other month.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Great.

I only plan on shooting in an "iron" division. I'd probably shoot with my AK, and 1911 or XD, but lack a good 12 ga pump (unless I can scrounge one up to borrow). I do have a 20 ga Winchester 1300 pump from my youthful days. Is it advised NOT to run a 20 ga? I know I'm giving up a bit of performance, but I know I can hit flyers with it, and I've killed deer with it via slugs.

The object is to shoot a couple of these this summer without putting a lot of money into it. Hence, using what I've got.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Be advised:

Quantico currently prohibits the use of 7.62X39 ammo on their ranges.

Scroll down to "Ammunition Restrictions"

Steel jacketed ammuntion of any flavor is not allowed for the 3-gun matches.
    Ghetto. Scratch that. Guess I'll be looking for any other club or range that puts on a 3 gun because I'm that cheap (and I want to actually practice and learn with the weapon I have).

Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    Guys,

I'm working with 3 other gents,Jerry Wisecarver,Robb Jensen,and Jimmie White to get the civilian 3-gun up and running again.Will keep you posted soon.

I've also picked up the shirts from the last military 3-gun to sell for the Combat Markmanship team.We've got them at the QSC clubhouse now.$15.00 each.We've got about 80 small,med and large left.Sure would like to sell these for Gunny Dare.All the proceeds go straight back to the teams that let us shoot there.

Also if we have enough that want the larger sizes Gunny might get up a specail order.

Ya'll can pick these up this weekend.

Steve

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I have never been to a 3 gun before, but after reading up, it sounds like a lot of fun. I have plenty of handguns, a new AR coming, and a Benelli M1. Sounds like iron sights is a pump shotty class, so I might have to pick up an 870 as I much prefer iron sights to optics at close ranges.

Does anyone hold 3 gun clinics for beginners? It would be nice to see what goes on at one.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have never been to a 3 gun before, but after reading up, it sounds like a lot of fun. I have plenty of handguns, a new AR coming, and a Benelli M1. Sounds like iron sights is a pump shotty class, so I might have to pick up an 870 as I much prefer iron sights to optics at close ranges.

Does anyone hold 3 gun clinics for beginners? It would be nice to see what goes on at one.

You'd be better off just showing up and having fun; unfortunately, things don't look real good for the future of QSC 3 gun. :(

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Pilotguy
    Yes - just come and shoot, it's allot of fun.

Was really bummed out about Quantico. First the F-class matches go to $50, then this.

Jerry

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    Pilotguy
    Yes - just come and shoot, it's allot of fun.

Was really bummed out about Quantico. First the F-class matches go to $50, then this.

Jerry

Jerry they haven't raised the prices yet, and I'm not sure if they are going to.
    at least for the modified matches, I'm not sure about the NRA matches, because we haven't had one all year:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom