• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Are shotgun shell holder vests allowed in 3-Gun? I'm thinking about buying a, Invictus Practical 12 Gauge 24 Round 8ight Clip DeTurk Vest.
    Any thoughts on the product?

Thanks,
    Eric

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I asked about shell holders like this. The response was "there was talk about banning them so far nothing has come of it." I'm probably going to get this as it's easy on/easy off. No point carrying a box of shells on your chest if there's no shotgun on that stage :)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The only thing that bothered me was the possibility of having to shoot the rifle prone with all those shotshell carriers even if they are unloaded. Those things can poke you in spots you didn't know were part of your own body.

joebear

Apr 16, 2012
    I use this vest. Works great. Holds shells tight all the time.

I have never been to any 3-gun match where you can't use it. IPSC, not USPSA, rules don't allow this vest or certain caddies. Not many shoots run these rules. Great for going prone as you can slide it around back when you don't need it. Also, at some matches, you can ditch it. Depends on the match.

Customer support is like Dillon. Break something and Kevin will send you part to fix it.

Joe

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Vest work great and I have the Invictus 2.8 quads and also the 2.8 for my chest rig. As far as shooting prone with it on is simple, a lot of folks slide it around to the back. You usually have the time to do that when going from one shooting position to another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom