• ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Well, I am heading up to the Aberdeen rally but I must add:

The multiple purchase folks in January are being added to each month as more folks come into play. There is no diminishing number of people buying guns, only more folks starting to buy.

We will never get through the glut of January purchases let alone new folks buying something online that will come into the system in the next few months. If you bought this month, count on July - that is unless the paperwork gets lost and then you will never see it.

The only hope. And I mean the only remote hope is that this law does not go through.

Not necessarily true ... pretty sure the per month number quoted was decreasing.

As third parties, we never know how much of the time, on either end, was due to the FFL

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Not necessarily true ... pretty sure the per month number quoted was decreasing.

As third parties, we never know how much of the time, on either end, was due to the FFL

There is no incentive for an FFL to delay anything. Actually there is a disincentive - especially if they accept partial payment up front and then have to store inventory they have money in but cannot sell.

Return times vary depending on what must be verified. If its a clean pass, then you're in. If there is a flag, like you have the same name as someone on the naughty list, then it is passed from the civilian screened to a Trooper to complete the research. This causes a delay.

Yes, reported numbers have decreased, but delays have continued to increase. I read that late December numbers were around 430 apps per day, down around 350 per day in late January. But, DSP reported around March 1 that they were still not at one-to-one, meaning that still more apps are coming in than are going out - thus the delay time continues to increase.

I was in the Gun Shack Saturday (first visit, really nice people to deal with) and they are telling people 6 weeks now.

I've put my wait times in the sig block so people can see my experiences. So far the purchases are all handguns.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    There is no incentive for an FFL to delay anything. Actually there is a disincentive - especially if they accept partial payment up front and then have to store inventory they have money in but cannot sell.

Return times vary depending on what must be verified. If its a clean pass, then you're in. If there is a flag, like you have the same name as someone on the naughty list, then it is passed from the civilian screened to a Trooper to complete the research. This causes a delay.

Yes, reported numbers have decreased, but delays have continued to increase. I read that late December numbers were around 430 apps per day, down around 350 per day in late January. But, DSP reported around March 1 that they were still not at one-to-one, meaning that still more apps are coming in than are going out - thus the delay time continues to increase.

I was in the Gun Shack Saturday (first visit, really nice people to deal with) and they are telling people 6 weeks now.

I've put my wait times in the sig block so people can see my experiences. So far the purchases are all handguns.

I was told 6 wks also. My FFL said their applications had decreased, which was a bit apparent by the voids in their gun case. And, even though I bought online they didn't take a dime from me upfront to process anything.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I was told 6 wks also. My FFL said their applications had decreased, which was a bit apparent by the voids in their gun case. And, even though I bought online they didn't take a dime from me upfront to process anything.

Right. One of mine is a transfer which means my FFL has to store a gun they didn't sell! I've purchased rifles and handguns there, plus transfers on both, but they tell me that even though they know I'm clean, they can NOT release early as they must have the number from the State Police review.

So I'll thank Mother Nature for the cold and rain so I'm not wanting to get out shooting too much yet!

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I just passed 30 days this weekend. Guiess i'm part of the club now

I think those of us who got in at the end of February to early March are still ahead of the tsunami. Right now I think you have the early mega-multiple purchasers and the slowly aware purchasers in the system.

When OweMalley holds his big presser to sign the gun grab bill, then every newsie in the state will gleefully post all the restrictions. Then, and only then, will the folks at large understand what is about to happen.

There will not be a gun on the shelf in the state and the online shops will be stripped. The questions then will be which FFLs just disconnect their phone lines and what will the MSP do?

All this may cause some emergency action by dear leader. And you know it will not be what we want. Hopefully, the dems continue to fight over the fetid spoils of their gas tax and delay the gun bill. Then, those of us who have been in the trenches, so to speak, can get a gun or perhaps an extra gun before the process crashes.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Got the call

I'm following loader's footsteps and putting my timeline in the sig box. After 50 days, my mom finally got the call to pick up her purchase, which was from the FFL, not an Internet transfer.

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    Wednesday will be 30 days from a purchase on Feb 20, how screwed am I? I keep asking around at different FFLs and they say they are just now getting back January. My last "controlled" was purchased end of Dec and took 15 days.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I'm following loader's footsteps and putting my timeline in the sig box. After 50 days, my mom finally got the call to pick up her purchase, which was from the FFL, not an Internet transfer.

A hundred days for those who purchased in March does not look as absurd as it originally seemed.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Wednesday will be 30 days from a purchase on Feb 20, how screwed am I? I keep asking around at different FFLs and they say they are just now getting back January. My last "controlled" was purchased end of Dec and took 15 days.

The wife is still waiting for her 2/6 purchase. Coworker also bought 2/6 and called on Friday only to be told to not bother them for 2-3 weeks more. Seems the seller is getting tired of the multiple calls every single day.

I bought two around 2/13, so I will plan to wait another two weeks.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I am waiting since Feb 1. Handgun.

I have two lowers at the same gun shop that I can't do paper work on until my handgun paper gets here. Then of course I need to wait 21 days before I can fill out that paper work and then 6-7 weeks before they are released.

Did I mention I have a concealed carry permit in this fine state.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys

I have two lowers at the same gun shop that I can't do paper work on until my handgun paper gets here. Then of course I need to wait 21 days before I can fill out that paper work and then 6-7 weeks before they are released.

you were granted a conceal carry permit :shocked3:

jimbob301

Mar 19, 2013
    Don't forget the uppers

You might want to order your uppers now. I ordered off of two big name websites in December and just got one yesterday.

DC777

Mar 14, 2013
    Today is day 40 for me (Feb 8th). FFL said yesterday the latest they've seen
    is from Feb 5th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom