• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Man, there isn't much to choose from at the gun stores so wouldn't you think they should be getting caught up? There can't be as many apps. Going in with limited stock to even buy.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I talked to a guy working at a gun shop today. He said they are telling people buying today to expect a 90 day wait.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Man, there isn't much to choose from at the gun stores so wouldn't you think they should be getting caught up? There can't be as many apps. Going in with limited stock to even buy.

Just because MD shops' shelves are empty does not stop MD buyers from purchasing from out of state. As far as I've heard, its still steady at about 400 per day

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I talked to a guy working at a gun shop today. He said they are telling people buying today to expect a 90 day wait.

I was told 90 days on Saturday :( my positive side says they are saying 90 so we won't start calling at day 60 and when they call us on day 61 we will be happy :D

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    Just because MD shops' shelves are empty does not stop MD buyers from purchasing from out of state. As far as I've heard, its still steady at about 400 per day

Exactly. I went to a dozen shops in the area and could not find my gun. All of them told me that they would not even begin to order it. I found it in VA at Big Dog Outfitters. Oh and I'm on day 37 now. :mad54:

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    My FFL told me today the wait was up to 70 days. Thats for one sent in on March 28th.

I am hearing that some FFL's are no longer accepting rifles because they have no more secure storage. Anyone know of FFL's not shutting down?

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    I know many of you guys are worried and cannot relax without knowing my waiting time info, so here it is.

Items: Multiple AR Lowers
    Submitted: 2-22-2013
    Total Wait Time in Days: 55 Days

Ability to some day buy a Handgun and Walk Out With it 25 minutes later: PRICELESS

Oh and in regards to todays voting on the Amendments; HOW YA LIKE THAT ONE OBAMA? YA MAD BRO?

barack_obama_frown.jpg

HEY FEINSTEIN, WHAT HAPPENED BABY? READ 'EM AND WEAP!!
    445424157_600_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    This thread should be stickied or a new thread created so people can track what days the MSP are up to instead of bugging their FFL's and MSP.

foxmanb

Sep 30, 2012
    At what point do vendors start having issues? I ask because you don't have to pay all of the money up front, so often times you pay some up front, and the rest when your paperwork clears. A 60-90 day wait means our gun store owners are having to sit on inventory for an extended period of time without full payment while paperwork is handled.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    At what point do vendors start having issues? I ask because you don't have to pay all of the money up front, so often times you pay some up front, and the rest when your paperwork clears. A 60-90 day wait means our gun store owners are having to sit on inventory for an extended period of time without full payment while paperwork is handled.

I have always paid up front for the transfer and check. I think the gun store owners are paid for the firearm before the paperwork is submitted- at least I always have.

A problem I am seeing is some of the FFL's have run out of space to store the firearms while waiting for the MSP to get back to them. I know at least one small FFL who is no longer accepting long gun transfers due to lack secure storage space. So in a time that should be a windfall for him, he is being cut off, and in practice, we are also being cut off.

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Submitted paperwork on Feb 26th.......Tomorrow will mark 55 days. I have been told by my contact who talked to Rose at MSP...(She is off Monday 4/22/13 and will return on the 23rd) Rose said she is working as fast as she can but the paperwork is overwhelming......So I may find out something this week (hopefully):fingerscrossed: Sorry, not much help to those who have purchased after the 26th of Feb. I purchased a 1911 .45 in early February (the 6th) and got my paperwork back on March 19th - and that was 42 days back then. Projecting things out, I expect that I won't see my 2 purchases made on April 3rd until sometime in Mid-June. It IS what it is. There is a 7 day (Minimum) turn around from MSP, But as a good friend in the Gun Business told me, there is no "maximum" limitation. The more applications submitted - the longer it will take to get your "Not Disapproved" notice, and with the current "fear factor" and Buying "frenzy", it won't get better - Thanks, O'Malley, you P.O.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom