• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    My 16 year old son sent me this pic (resized) of his group, shooting @ 30 yards, with his Mission Craze, yesterday.

Brad-30yards-MissionCraze-10_31_2012-resized.jpg

We changed the arrow rest to a 'whisker biscuit' and he upped the draw weight, and got SIX new arrows.

Personally, I think it's a pretty good group.

There's only one problem.
    You see. . . . we keep these targets in the shed. (If you look closely, you can see the shed door is open (upper left in pic).

My son, set up the targets just in front of the shed.

What's not visible. . . . . is that my riding lawn mower is just inside the shed, and it now has a FLAT left-rear tire, and nobody knows (or will tell me) HOW it got FLAT!!!!!!!!!

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    What's not visible. . . . . is that my riding lawn mower is just inside the shed, and it now has a FLAT left-rear tire, and nobody knows (or will tell me) HOW it got FLAT!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:

Hey, even if it was his fault, chalk it up to the cost of education. How many 16-year-olds can shoot that well?

And, it could just be a coincidence....

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    My 16 year old son sent me this pic (resized) of his group, shooting @ 30 yards, with his Mission Craze, yesterday.

We changed the arrow rest to a 'whisker biscuit' and he upped the draw weight, and got SIX new arrows.

You see. . . . we keep these targets in the shed. (If you look closely, you can see the shed door is open (upper left in pic).

lol sorry about the tire. but hell yeah thats a good group.first pin? i sent an arrow thru my neighbors shed once:innocent0 but dont tell them. still waiting for that knock on the door:D

byf43

Hey, even if it was his fault, chalk it up to the cost of education. How many 16-year-olds can shoot that well?

And, it could just be a coincidence....

Don't know about coinidence.
    The tires on the rider were all 'up', on Sunday, when we put the deck chairs in the shed, preparing for "Sandy" to come and visit.

id be happy if I could do that consistantly at 20yds LOL good shooting!:thumbsup:

Me too!!!

lol sorry about the tire. but hell yeah thats a good group.first pin? i sent an arrow thru my neighbors shed once:innocent0 but dont tell them. still waiting for that knock on the door:D

Not sure which pin. I think #2. :shrug: I do know that his #1 pin is set up for 10 yards, and is spot on for 20 yards.

He did admit last week, that he put an arrow through the shed door.
    That Easton Carbon Fiber arrow went straight through the target (the black target at the bottom of the pic - "Block" knock-off), and through the 1/2" thick door!

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Shooting that well, he may want to consider multi-spot targets and saving his arrows. "Robin Hoods" are cool, once, but then get to be expensive. :)

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012

Maybe he was getting back at you for something in the past???

Nice grouping though.

byf43

Shooting that well, he may want to consider multi-spot targets and saving his arrows. "Robin Hoods" are cool, once, but then get to be expensive. :)

It's ok if dad is buying the arrows. It's not his sons money

The first set of Easton XX75 I paid for.
    The first set of carbon arrows (Gold something or another) he paid for.
    The second set of Easton carbon arrows (shown in the target!), I paid for. He took his Bowhunter Safety Course, and his arrows were 'corkscrewing' because the arrow rest was FUBAR.
    So, I paid to have his bow tuned and then found out that the arrows were too stiff for his LOP and Draw weight, so, the 'old man' paid to have everything tuned up.

Sofar. . . . he's only LOST one arrow and broke one nock.
    He's replaced the damaged/lost stuff.

He does think the old man is an ATM machine, though.:mad54:

byf43

UPDATE -

Well, it only took a couple of weeks to find out that the tractor tire was hit directly in the center of the tread, with one of my son's carbon fiber arrows.

There's a perfectly round hole in the center of the tread!!!

Oh well. . . .
    That tire is 20 years old. (The tube inside is only 1. It needed to be replaced, anyway. The air was getting stale.):D

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    I bought the fiance a craze for xmas. The more I read on it the more I want one for myself. My baby g is set up with a 30" draw at 70 lbs. Would be cool to have that in a much more compact and light package.

byf43

^^^ My son loves that Mission "Craze"!!!!! He got the bare bow for $279.00+ tx.

I wound up buying the Mission "Venture". ($499.00 + tx.)
    Niccccccccccce bow!
    Granted, I don't plan on hunting with it. I just bought it, so that my son and I could 'fling' some arrows in the back yard, together.

w0lf

Jan 16, 2013
    great shots, tell him to safely keep working up the yardage.

i shot into a storage shed once and hit some furniture by accident once too. :lol2:

byf43

^^^ My son and I did some shooting last Sunday, and my wife stepped outside, and started scolding our son.

Seems he was doing some shooting a few days before that, and managed to put one of those carbon fiber arrows through one of his Mom's deck chairs!!!!

I'm gonna have to talk to that boy, about knowing what lies beyond his target.
    (And get him another target. Those carbon fiber arrows are going through that 'knock-off' "Block" I got from Bass Pro.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom