• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badfish55

Mar 8, 2013
    PAX RIVER
    SO i have colt LE920 and i was wondering if i can slap a 300 blackout upper on that or is there going to be a problem with that mechanically any info would be highley appreciated thank you guys

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    Yep. The only ammo i've been able to find is the Remington premier match at crazy prices. Cabelas did have some whisper I picked up for $25 a box but that's a long drive.

Badfish55

Mar 8, 2013
    PAX RIVER
    alright so you guys know all dicks that i know of get a new shipment of ammo every monday and friday most of the time they get a couple of boxes of 5.56 the shipment ussaully get there in the morning befor they open so that means stand in line and the ammo is fairly cheap

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    The .300 is designed to do exactly that, the only thing that really needs to be changed is the barrel. These other gentlemen are correct that it is really hard to find ammo right now for it tho. Much of the ammo I am finding is over 1.50 a round but you can reload for less than 1/4 of that price.

Badfish55

Mar 8, 2013
    PAX RIVER
    The .300 is designed to do exactly that, the only thing that really needs to be changed is the barrel. These other gentlemen are correct that it is really hard to find ammo right now for it tho. Much of the ammo I am finding is over 1.50 a round but you can reload for less than 1/4 of that price.

Thank you i Appreciate that

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    I found some 300 a few weeks ago but it cost about 1.75 a round. I plan to reload so hopefully in the long run, i'll drive that down. It did take several weeks to find it

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Will it work? - Yes.

Is ammo hard to find, and pricey when you do find it? - Currently yes.

Reloading does take some of the pain out of it, but even components are getting tough to get ahold of right now. Powders, primers, bullets - a lot of places can't keep it in stock right now, and that gets annoying, but it is what it is.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Dennis Mitchell's neighbor

No, that's John Wilson. Bad form.

OP, the ONLY difference between a .300BLK rifle and a 5.56mm rifle is the barrel. All other parts are exactly the same. For reliable cycling you *MAY* need to change the buffer and/or spring, but the only real way to know is to try with the one you already have and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom