• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Hey everyone,

I am looking for some old ammo, .32 rimfire short. I have searched the internet to the best of my ability. I have also asked at several local shops. I am searching on behalf of my grandfather. We were talking the other day and he mentioned that he would like to come over and shoot his dad's old rifle. I remember shooting this as a kid when he managed to find some Old Navy Arms (I think) ammo.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts of where I can find some ammo that I can actually shoot for a decent price?

Any advice or help would me much appreciated. Thanks, Jim

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Thanks so much, I have tried those with no luck. I don't really want to pay a lot of money for just a few rounds...which usually seems to be the case.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Hey everyone,

I am looking for some old ammo, .32 rimfire short. I have searched the internet to the best of my ability. I have also asked at several local shops. I am searching on behalf of my grandfather. We were talking the other day and he mentioned that he would like to come over and shoot his dad's old rifle. I remember shooting this as a kid when he managed to find some Old Navy Arms (I think) ammo.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts of where I can find some ammo that I can actually shoot for a decent price?

I actually have some, but as most said you're not gonna like the price:sad20: Contact me if you are interested

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You can usually find some at the antique arms show (Next month in Baltimore)... but it is pricey. $1 a round and up is about normal these days. If you are just looking for a few rounds, I might be able to hook you up. It is harder and harder to find, but for the sake of fun-times with Grandpa, I might donate to the cause. PM me.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    You can usually find some at the antique arms show (Next month in Baltimore)... but it is pricey. $1 a round and up is about normal these days. If you are just looking for a few rounds, I might be able to hook you up. It is harder and harder to find, but for the sake of fun-times with Grandpa, I might donate to the cause. PM me.

Doc, A buck a round is like super cheap, Prices today are 3 to 4 bucks a round.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Actually, you are correct, much more than a buck a round... fat fingers mis-typed (or maybe it was wishful thinking). I meant to say $2+ per round, but I think you can still find it less than $4. Last that I purchased was about $110 a box a few months ago (boxes were beat up and I had to wipe the mold off of each brass case... but it was shootable). I have seen some outrageous prices though from time to time... trick is to keep looking. Trill of the hunt, I guess.

I did get lucky at the Gettysburg show (not the last one, but the one before). I bought a partial box (47 rounds) of what I thought was .32 S&WL. The rounds were primer down, wrapped in plastic wrap, and marked simply .32. Bought them for $10. When I brought them home and found that they were .32 RF-L, I did a dance that my wife said reminded her of the Happy Hipos from Fantasia :-)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Hey everyone,

I had bought some for my old Remington rolling block rifle way back when, I believe it was Navy Arms too. I might have a few left around here someplace. It was new ammo, not antique.

Power was extraordinarily lacking. Almost shot myself with a bullet bouncing off a wooden fence post. Must have hit a knot.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thanks so much, I have tried those with no luck. I don't really want to pay a lot of money for just a few rounds...which usually seems to be the case.

Antique ammo like .32 RF and .41 RF sells for serious cabbage, especially in shootable condition. Even if you find an online reloader willing to make you some, you're probably looking at 100 rounds minimum for at least $1 per round. There's probably a reloader somewhere already selling it (if OWS has none), maybe in boxes of 50, but it won't be inexpensive. 50-round boxes of the Navy Arms .32 RF run from ~2003 comes up here and there in online auctions, usually for $50-$60 minimum.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Antique ammo like .32 RF and .41 RF sells for serious cabbage, especially in shootable condition. Even if you find an online reloader willing to make you some, you're probably looking at 100 rounds minimum for at least $1 per round. There's probably a reloader somewhere already selling it (if OWS has none), maybe in boxes of 50, but it won't be inexpensive.

Its Rimfire Boom Boom, Its kinna hard to reload it.
    I gave him a link for a guy selling inserts that use concrete nail guns loads.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Its Rimfire Boom Boom, Its kinna hard to reload it.
    I gave him a link for a guy selling inserts that use concrete nail guns loads.

I'm talking about buying new ammo from reloaders. That's where I get my obsolete ammo. It's not inexpensive but money talks.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm talking about buying new ammo from reloaders. That's where I get my obsolete ammo. It's not inexpensive but money talks.

Ok I will say this slooooowly... Its a 31 caliber RIMFIRE case.. not centerfire. Can you show me who can spin up some new.primed 31 rimfire cases ?

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ok I will say this slooooowly... Its a 31 caliber RIMFIRE case.. not centerfire. Can you show me who can spin up some new.primed 31 rimfire cases ?

It's only as difficult as your mind convinces you it is. The world is full of washed-up naysayers who couldn't be bothered and whine about people who did bother and succeeded.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I didn't even look at the price, haha. I just remember having come across those a while back, so I found the link and posted it. At least they're reusable and cheaper than the 12 Euro ones.

I beginning to think Ken that math is not strong point with you sir.
    The Euro ones are reloadable Ken, and about the same price. Most likely the guy in Europe is making them for everyone.
    12 euros x 1.37 dollars + - = 16.44 ,,,plus slow boat shipping here.

What would I know, Just a 8th grade educated underachieving welder here.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    It's only as difficult as your mind convinces you it is. The world is full of washed-up naysayers who couldn't be bothered and whine about people who did bother and succeeded.

Soooo, With that answer, I believe you have no one that can do it. That's what I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom