• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    153 days and counting on eform 4, individual thru SilencerShop. ATF site says 180, so I’m ecstatic to be so comfortably within that window :innocent0

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    What's an infringement? 3 days, 7 days, 10 days, 1 month? I'd say anything over 30 days is a significant infringement. Today's wait times are absolutely an infringement. Why hasn't this been challenged?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Is this your first? ATF makes their own rules. I have had then take anywhere from 8 to 14 months. I did an efile this year. It took 240 days.
    Unfortunately you have to get used to it.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Is this your first? ATF makes their own rules. I have had then take anywhere from 8 to 14 months. I did an efile this year. It took 240 days.
    Unfortunately you have to get used to it.
    No, I already have several NFA items and am aware that this isn't a new thing. This is just the current wait time per silencer shop. I'm not convinced that we need to accept it.

Where's the limit? If the government takes 10 years to approve the transfer of an NFA item is that constitutional? A quick google search didn't return anything to suggest that this has been challenged, but I haven't really researched it. IIRC, the 10-day "cooling off" law was struck down. It just seems like such an obvious infringement that affects hundreds of thousands of Americans.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have to wonder about the difference between a form 1 and form 4 suppressor. Form 1 took me about a month (iirc) to get approved. How can the ATF justify a YEAR for a form 4?

The end result is theoretically the same, legal possession of a suppressor.

I think that is an easy argument to make and demand justification.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    I’m not aware of a codified timeline for review. I think the best plaintiff is probably someone that has waited a year for a form 4 for an SBR or MG. I’m not sure if a suppressor is considered an “arm” - but that’s a question for the legal eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What's an infringement? 3 days, 7 days, 10 days, 1 month? I'd say anything over 30 days is a significant infringement. Today's wait times are absolutely an infringement. Why hasn't this been challenged?
    Fastest I ever been approved by the ATF has been 3 weeks, but that was back before 2013.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    1670884807947.png

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    the paper form 4s times are going to start to get shorter. eform 4s started at the end the of dec 2021. there will be less paper form 4s to process. i say by march eform and paper forms will have the same wait times

i have a paper form 4 for 1/20/22 i am almost there i did (2) eform 1s in may and it took 2 weeks to get those stamps.

USAF05

Just one more gun...
    Sep 26, 2022
    Andrews AF
    at 220 days on my eform 4..maybe it's their way of making sure you don't ever want to go through the process again...

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I have asked several times but have never gotten a real answer so, What is it above a regular NICS check are they doing that takes months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom