• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Thompson Machine makes some good suppressors. I have a 10/22 integral Suppressed Operative. Only complaint I have about it is now my 10/22 bolt makes to much noise when it cycles. :D

Dave

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I like my S&W Bodyguard...

ygusy6et.jpg

And Super Fly pocket holster.

My teenage daughter likes it's it, but wants one in pink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I don't like my PPK either. Extremely hard to cock and hard shooting as mentioned. I don't have big hands so that part is not a problem. It was my 1st handgun or it would have been sold a long time ago. Probably still will sell one day. With a fixed barrel I don't know about the threading situation.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Thanks folks. i actually have several 9mm with threaded barrels and suppressors. Looking at get a Geoat Nano suppressor and it will handle 9mm but works better on a 380.

Dave

It's DeGroat Nano. Keep in mind that it uses a wipe that needs to be replaced as it wears out.

A little inside info. Jim normally does a special sale every year over Thanksgiving weekend. I bought a can from him a few years ago. Another year I bought one of his flash enhances. Both times select items were 50% off. It's worth waiting to see what he puts on sale.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    OK I am now in the market for a 380 semi-auto pistol with a threaded barrel to add to my collection.

Anyone recomment anything? Was thinking of a Walther PPk or something along those lines. Want to make sure it has a threaded barrel though.

Thanks,

Dave
    not threaded barrel but here's what I carry.

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    I chose a Kahr P380 as my backup backup gun or when needing to carry in very hot climates. Compared to the other .380 offerings out there, with the notable exception of the Sig P238, it feels well made and solid, while still being light. I looked at the Kel-tec and Ruger offerings, but the lack of a Last round hold open was a no-go for me. Handled a Taurus 738 TCP, Sig P238 and Kahr P380; chose the Kahr as it concealed the best and is a good fit in my hands.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I have a Ruger LCP, but at 7 oz, I can't see doing a threaded barrel. I would check out a Bersa Thunder.

Considering the bulk of a suppressor (threaded barrel), I'm not sure why you want to go 380 anyway.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dave,

I have a Walther PPKs. Probably my least favorite gun I own. Just snacks a little to hard, maybe with a padded grip... but between that and the slide cutting my hand up.... I just don't care for it. I have larger hands and its no fun to shoot. That might just be me...

As far as suppressing, I have done a bit of researching and a straight blowback gun like the PPK is not a good host gun. Any larger caliber gun using straight blowback rather than some sort of locking systems does not seem to suppress well. I don't really have any suggestions other than to get a 9mm and forget the 380...

Good luck!

PPK has got the sex, but thats about it. They are a decent gun in .32 (what they were built for) but .380 not so great.

Id be thinking just a plain jane ruger or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom