• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Not trying to hijack the thread but, I look at this a little differently. I have taken Mdengs class in the exact room they were in and if a normal citizen were to walk by I can understand their concern. There is a very small side glass to that room and only a glimpse through a partially open door. I would rather have them be involved and cautious than to be one of those "I didn't see anything" people. If I thought that way I would have just kept driving last weekend when I saw the truck driver laying in front of his truck on Rt.32 just up from the Howard County fairgrounds. But unlike 6 other cars, I turned around to make sure he was okay. Guess what, he wasn't. But I know I did what I thought was right. Now if that makes me a bad person I'm a bad person, But he's okay today.

I have no problem with the person that called, it's honestly expected. We always call the local LEO's office the morning of a class when the class is being held in a public place.

This has actually happened twice once in a hotel in Waldorf and the incident I pointed out in my earlier post. In both cases the responding officers were professional and thanked me for the earlier heads up.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Are you sure they didn't roll in hot with a swat team, shoot all your dogs, illegally search your house, and take all your guns? All they while they have you handcuffed and hold up a copy of the constitution and burning it front of you?

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Are you sure they didn't roll in hot with a swat team, shoot all your dogs, illegally search your house, and take all your guns? All they while they have you handcuffed and hold up a copy of the constitution and burning it front of you?

I'm sure they would have if the media wasn't there to witness it.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I disagree with those that say, "Do not let them know what is not banned, because they will ban it also." If we could have gotten out in front of it we could have shown the illogical thought process behind banning an AR15 but not an AR10. The only reason the AR10 was not banned is because it uses a hunting caliber and MOM wanted to avoid the politically fallout if he woke that group to get involved. He knew the diehard hunters would not care about the pea shooting AR15 and other "tacticool" guns. AR10 will never get banned unless they figure away of keeping us split, unlike the hunters if they mad a push for the AR10 they know that they would get us "sporting" shooter plus the hunters.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    We are fighting a battle of public perception. We have women who are so "frightened" and "uncomfortable" when they see an airsoft gun they have to call the police. The answer is not to take toys away from the children, but to flood the zone. We must adopt the Cloward-Pivens strategies of the progs. Since there are complicated legal questions involved in what we do, it must be done with care and some discretion. But it must be done.

Even with my travels to Virginia, I have never seen anyone open carry outside of a gun store or a LEO. Firearms would be completely foreign to me were it not for my hobby. The progs have stigmatized firearms owners through popular culture. Firearms in popular culture are used by only LEOs and bad guys. A person watching movies of TV only sees guns used by LEOs and bad guys. The concept of an ordinary, law-abiding citizen carrying a firearm for self-defense is foreign to everyone in Maryland who isn't an enthusiast. Thankfully, we have Florida, Texas and Virginia to point to as our goal.

The progs have "mystified" firearms into self-actualizing entities capable of action without human intervention. It's easier for progs to judge the moral conduct of an inanimate object than a person, no matter how deficient that person is. We must bend society back to the point where anyone who calls the police for a toy gun is shamed and ridiculed, if not prosecuted.

:thumbsup: This is why I would argue about open carry and mass demonstrations. It's a matter of deeply-ingrained perceptions that will take some time to overcome. Ramming our beliefs down peoples' throat will just increase resistance. Just look at the Starbuck's affair.

Education and persuasion will be slower but accomplish much more in the long run. Grandstanding by walking down the street with your AK's do nothing to help. Yes it's your right, but not the smart thing. People CAN be re-educated about guns and made comfortable, but they've been sensitized over the past 40 years to be afraid of them. Getting them comfortable isn't going to happen overnight.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I stopped explaining the absurd AR15 versus AR10 aspect of the law and I'm going with Fight Club rules now. I can already hear the libs crying that we need to ban these scary AR10's because we already banned the AR15.

Exactly .

The law is absurd because it does nothing to prevent crime, works only on non criminals by definition and is unconstitutional on its face. Strict scrutiny is the standard we should apply. iS still means the law fails, Frankly even RB make the law hard to sustain.

Everything else is noise, and will be used to hurt us in the next session if they want to.. Frosh and Dumais want to

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    When to be silent on this is definitely a touchy situation, and I do cringe a bit when I see people bringing attention to what is not banned. But the legislatures have to know already what they didn't capture - intended or not. Why not point out at this point their incompetence. I applaud anyone who stands up and speaks out for our rights, as long as they're not being belligerent or anything like that.

This whole incident should come as no surprise to any of us. Think back to the kid who bit a pop tart into the shape of a pistol. Not only did he get suspended, they even offered counseling to anyone who was traumatized by it. Look at how warped this society has become.

Once again i need to point out that the legislature is not the issue,. They know damn well that all they did is pander to fools, rile up their base and tick us off.

It is their base that does not know that they are being pandered to. As long as they fall for it, the Froshes of the world get to crow, and we get the time we need to rally our base. But if we crow about what they missed their base gets a clue and demands more pandering.. and we are presently over-matched...

Now that is why we need to play it smart ... and STFU sometimes

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I disagree with those that say, "Do not let them know what is not banned, because they will ban it also." If we could have gotten out in front of it we could have shown the illogical thought process behind banning an AR15 but not an AR10. The only reason the AR10 was not banned is because it uses a hunting caliber and MOM wanted to avoid the politically fallout if he woke that group to get involved. He knew the diehard hunters would not care about the pea shooting AR15 and other "tacticool" guns. AR10 will never get banned unless they figure away of keeping us split, unlike the hunters if they mad a push for the AR10 they know that they would get us "sporting" shooter plus the hunters.

You are not even in the same game. MOM does not know a hunting caliber from a horses butt. And 308 is not a hunting caliber. There is no such thing as a hunting caliber. There is no such thing as Handgun only ammunition either -- and there is no such thing as an 'assault rile '

Now this is a real fight with real consequences please try and remember that.. its not a debating society -- its bear knuckle politics ...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Sgt Preston proven correct-
    http://wamu.org/news/13/10/04/gun_dealers_find_work_around_in_maryland_firearms_ban

Lie with dogs, get fleas. No amount of personal publicity or enjoyment of 15 seconds o' fame is worth selling our cause down the river. Was the OP "selectively quoted" by that Matt Bush puke in order to paint 7.62semis as yet another type of "gun show loophole" or were those stupid a$$ed quotes actually accurate?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Sgt Preston proven correct-
    http://wamu.org/news/13/10/04/gun_dealers_find_work_around_in_maryland_firearms_ban

Lie with dogs, get fleas. No amount of personal publicity or enjoyment of 15 seconds o' fame is worth selling our cause down the river. Was the OP "selectively quoted" by that Matt Bush puke in order to paint 7.62semis as yet another type of "gun show loophole" or were those stupid a$$ed quotes actually accurate?

Lol... I stopped reading the article when they said the SCAR-17S is an AR-10. That's like putting a picture of an M3 up and calling it a Porsche 911.

But I agree, I backed up Sgt. Preston.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    i agree with sgt preston.

the op stabbed us squarely in the back.

and the best part is........he keeps making money
    on objects we cant own.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The OP is an idiot! WTF are you doing you moron! This is why you will end up with California style ban sooner rather than later.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Once again i need to point out that the legislature is not the issue,. They know damn well that all they did is pander to fools, rile up their base and tick us off.

It is their base that does not know that they are being pandered to. As long as they fall for it, the Froshes of the world get to crow, and we get the time we need to rally our base. But if we crow about what they missed their base gets a clue and demands more pandering.. and we are presently over-matched...

Now that is why we need to play it smart ... and STFU sometimes

Actually you are wrong, and they you can't buy mags over 10 rounds anymore either!

These people have no clue about guns.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    i agree with sgt preston.

the op stabbed us squarely in the back.

and the best part is........he keeps making money
    on objects we cant own.

He's the same guy who went into Engage Armament's thread about LE6920s a week or two ago saying he paid under $800 for one through his distributor.

Hope everyone on MDS considers these things before patronizing his business. But hey, he was realtor of the year or something so I'm sure it won't matter. He'll likely be able to keep his FFL and get all sorts of things the average Marylander can only dream of going forward. It's all about who you know and how much money you make, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

If that's true, why were M1A's banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom