• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got a neighbor who wants to learn to reload. His fav cartridge is .40 S&W. I told him that if I could round up the stuff I could look over his shoulder and he could make a box (50) that he could take home with him as I have no use for it. I have primers, powder and brass. I'm looking for:

50 projectiles to purchase that will work with bullseye powder
    Full set of dies including crimp to borrow/rent
    Cartridge go gauge to borrow/rent

I'll be using an RCBS Rock Chucker single stage press and I want him to understand what we're doing, not just punch out some ammo.

Somebody is selling 180's in the classifieds but I didn't want to split up his 250 count batch.

I'm in Ellicott City. Anyone wanna help me out?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Don’t need a gauge. Have him bring the barrel from his gun. More accurate than a gauge and will tell you if there is something that is or isn’t going to work in the gun.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    155 gr from ACME Bullet

If you're not picky on weight, I just got some of these in and would pay it forward for all of the info and other help that I've gotten from this forum?

Let me know?

Attachments

• C 40-10 155 - 1-230x230.jpg
      C 40-10 155 - 1-230x230.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 145

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    What weight (175gr, 180gr, 200gr) bullet are you looking for and what style (SWC, TFP)? I think i have some lead and Cu jacket bullets.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    50 projectiles to purchase that will work with bullseye powder
    Full set of dies including crimp to borrow/rent
    Cartridge go gauge to borrow/rent

Don’t need a gauge. Have him bring the barrel from his gun. More accurate than a gauge and will tell you if there is something that is or isn’t going to work in the gun.
    I've never had a go/no-go gauge. I don't think my Dad in his decades of reloading used one either.

What I do have are Lee Factory Crimp dies. If you use those, the go-gauge is completely not necessary provided you are following OAL guidelines.

I'll have to look to see what I've got. I might have some 40 cal bullets, but I might also be out - I don't shoot a lot of 40 these days (mostly 45 ACP or 9mm if I'm shooting semi-auto) and I'm sitting on a fair bit of 40 right now.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    I've never had a go/no-go gauge. I don't think my Dad in his decades of reloading used one either.

What I do have are Lee Factory Crimp dies. If you use those, the go-gauge is completely not necessary provided you are following OAL guidelines.

I'll have to look to see what I've got. I might have some 40 cal bullets, but I might also be out - I don't shoot a lot of 40 these days (mostly 45 ACP or 9mm if I'm shooting semi-auto) and I'm sitting on a fair bit of 40 right now.

What do you have? Looking to get rid of somethings? Care to barter?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    What do you have? Looking to get rid of somethings? Care to barter?
    I've got some stuff, but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to barter. Regarding the OP, I have just 47 bullets left in .40 - Xtreme 165 gr plated flat point.

Back to the idea of bartering, the problem is, I don't have an overabundance of anything, and I load and shoot for anything I have. I'm not particularly low on primers...yet. I probably still have 500+ of both large and small pistol, but none are magnum primers - just standard. That's ok though because I'm not really using powders that require it.

At this point I'm still trying to build upon what I have.

Regarding the 47 40 cal bullets, I'd be willing to give those up to the guy looking to learn - it's not an even 50, but the price is right - free.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Thanks everyone. So does anyone have a set of dies to rent, borrow or sell?

I’ve been slammed at work but I’ll reach out this evening via PM. Appreciate everyone’s taking a look for me.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    I've got some stuff, but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to barter. Regarding the OP, I have just 47 bullets left in .40 - Xtreme 165 gr plated flat point.

Back to the idea of bartering, the problem is, I don't have an overabundance of anything, and I load and shoot for anything I have. I'm not particularly low on primers...yet. I probably still have 500+ of both large and small pistol, but none are magnum primers - just standard. That's ok though because I'm not really using powders that require it.

At this point I'm still trying to build upon what I have.

Regarding the 47 40 cal bullets, I'd be willing to give those up to the guy looking to learn - it's not an even 50, but the price is right - free.

Ok. No problem. Trying to pick up what I can, when I can.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've got dies, but I hesitate to take them out of my Dillon 550 toolhead. If you get in a pinch and really need them though, I'd be willing to loan them out - I wouldn't even need them back right away because I'm not planning on loading for 40 for a bit.

Did you want those 47 bullets I have left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom