• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    Trying to pick a new upper (5.56, 16" DI)... and wishing I could find a fairly comprehensive list of complete uppers with a HBAR barrel... I apologize if this exists on an existing thread, but after several searches I couldnt find one.

Even if there isnt a list per se, I would really appreciate the groups feedback of available options they are aware of -

Thanks!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Del-ton has a few hbar in both full rifle kit and assembled upper. Looks like most of their offerings are out-of-stock.

I'm not versed enough to say where these fall on the quality line. YMMV

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I would decide your budget is and start with places like Buds, Rainier, Midway, and classic firearms, etc. to see whats actually in stock. Maybe not much. The main issue you run into that whats an HBAR, really? Sometimes they bury the barrel profile in the specs. The other issue is that some non-hbar DI rifles are legal because they use prop design, like KAK and LWRC. Many of the better uppers are only sold as a complete rifles. Some like F1 Firearms will make an upper according the MD specs.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Is engage still selling complete uppers? I have one with a white oak barrel that shoots very well.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Maybe it’s just me but I like customizing them to my tastes?

Attachments

• CFDE1259-152F-4F9F-BE39-1DFB2CBAD80A.jpg
      CFDE1259-152F-4F9F-BE39-1DFB2CBAD80A.jpg
      96 KB · Views: 487

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    In my area , Cindy’s hot shots and field traders have plenty of parts and pieces if you are going to build. FT has Aero stuff . Forget the barrels name , popular brand , FA . Faxon I believe . They also have some uppers ready done . Hanover Arms also is an option .

Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    Thanks all!!

Just for better clarify my status -- I currently dont have the workshop space / equipment I dream to have, so at moment Im limited to a complete upper. Brands that Im currently aware of include Colt, Windham and LWRC. I have 2 Colt HBARS, so leaning towards LWRC. But Im sure there has to be more options out there of companies that sell HBAR stamped or advertised complete uppers... so running it by group to check and make sure im not missing some awesome options

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Thanks all!!

Just for better clarify my status -- I currently dont have the workshop space / equipment I dream to have, so at moment Im limited to a complete upper. Brands that Im currently aware of include Colt, Windham and LWRC. I have 2 Colt HBARS, so leaning towards LWRC. But Im sure there has to be more options out there of companies that sell HBAR stamped or advertised complete uppers... so running it by group to check and make sure im not missing some awesome options

If you have the coin, go LWRC and don't look back.

Or just get this and have a local shop pin and weld an extended A2 and you are good to go.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...om-upper-receiver-14-5in-5-56-prod136059.aspx

This would pair nicely with a Colt lower and would be somewhat close to clone correct.

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    HBAR barrels and uppers galore

Take a serious look at Bear Creek Arsenal.
    Great prices, well built and they have always been super easy to do business with. I’ve done business with them for years and they have never been anything but AWESOME!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Take a serious look at Bear Creek Arsenal.
    Great prices, well built and they have always been super easy to do business with. I’ve done business with them for years and they have never been anything but AWESOME!

Ummmm, yeah. Their reputation is not that stellar. Hit or miss.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’ve done some testing with BC barrels (about 5) and they aren’t what I’d want. I do have a side charging upper with a different barrel and hand guard but not enough rounds through it yet to say. Fit was good though. I have friends and family that have BC uppers and they haven’t had any issues.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Del-ton has a few hbar in both full rifle kit and assembled upper. Looks like most of their offerings are out-of-stock….

My go go’s for DelTon *complete* uppers (I have 5 of their 16” LtWt w 15” MLOK on PSA lowers w LaRue MBT’s in each) have been MidSouth Shooters Supply and of late GrabAGun.

^These^ are complete as in, INCLUDES the bcg and ch …

OOS at moment but, sign up for MSS’s weekly sales email and they have the ones that go quick on sale 4-6 times a year):

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....lat-top-heavy-profile-complete-upper-assembly

ETA: Stop the press! BattleHawk Armory (solid folk) have the DT-1013 (20” version) in stock and on sale right now!
    https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/delton-upper-receiver-5.56x45-20-bbl.-a3-flat-top-pre-ban

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom