• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Add in some new steel targets & It's going to be a good day at DelMarVa tomorrow ! Taking the new BCM 11.5, my 20" with ACOG, M1A, 4" 629 and my favorite 45 the SIG P220 Carry.

Pics will follow, maybe some video if I remember in all my excitement. I haven't shot since November. I'm soooo looking forward to a day at the range !

VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Add in some new steel targets & It's going to be a good day at DelMarVa tomorrow ! Taking the new BCM 11.5, my 20" with ACOG, M1A, 4" 629 and my favorite 45 the SIG P220 Carry.

Pics will follow, maybe some video if I remember in all my excitement. I haven't shot since November. I'm soooo looking forward to a day at the range !

Sounds like you're really making up lost time

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Are you going to train with the tactical baby backpack on? LOL

Enjoy guy- you probably need to "suggle" time with things that go bang.

:D

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Perfect day of shooting !

DelMarVa was empty ! We had the range to our selves. It was great only having the 2 of us on the range.

The new BCM 11.5" upper ran perfectly. Shot 400 rds all suppressed through it. 0 malfunctions. Once I had the Aim Point re-zeroed to the new barrel @ 50 I started shooting on the steel at 100. I put a hurting on that steel with that little gun. I love shooting on steel with the suppressor as well. Just something about the sound, or lack there of. I also added a Chrome Silicon flat wire spring from Superior Shooting Systems and a Norgon Ambi Mag Catch (I'm a lefty) to my 11.5. I think the CS spring does lower the recoil pulse a little. The red dot didn't seem to be moving around as much as I rmember. I'm going to need to shoot and swap springs to verify that. The Norgon catch is the cat's ass. That will be an upgrade made to all my guns. The biggest thing will be retraining myself to use it correctly.

My 20" gun only got 100 rds through it, she hasn't been cleaned in a long time. She still ran perfectly. I had to verify the ACOG was still close since I added the LaRue mount to it. Very little adjustment was needed. Had to give it 2" of right and it was GTG. Swing over to the steel at 100, dead on. Go for the plate on the 200 berm, and got a hit on the 1st round. Gotta love the ACOG and the 20" guns !

Then it was the M1A's turn. She hasn't seen the light of day in a while, it was good to get her out and do some shooting ! I took 290 rds total, a mix of 1980 POF and 1989 Santa Barbara. 30 year old ammo didn't affect the gun in the slightest. She ate it all up and asked for more. The steel didn't stand a chance from that gun. I hammered on it, dropping mag after mag onto it. I think the only time I missed was when I was trying double taps off hand, shooting single rounds I was fine. I guess my mass can't offset 308 recoil as fast as I thought ! From the bench & slow fire standing I had that steel swinging ! The gun preformed as usuall. Totally reliable, accurate, and toooooo damn much fun !

We had a LWRC REPR with us today. We took its cherry. She had a couple FTF's and 1 FTE. She just needed a couple mags to settle in, and some CLP to smooth things out. Then she ran just fine. The owner is still waiting on his Leupold MK 4 8.5-25 so I loaned him my 4.5-14 MK 4. Once we got her dialed in nothing down range was safe. We never really shot for groups, we had steel at 100, 200 and 300. None were safe from the REPR. I guess we fired 200 rds through the REPR today. She's well broken in now. The guns owner is one happy guy with his rifle. If he didn't have a Cap's game tonight I think we would still be there. His poor little 6920 barely saw the light of day. He was all about that REPR, no time for the little 5.56. And after shooting it, I understand why. Once his scope comes in we might need another day off to get that dialed in and see what she can really do with some match ammo. Also I think some 308 PMags are in order.

In between things I figured that the 4" 626 should be able to hit the steel plates at the 100 yard berm. I was right. Got the Sig 220 out and shot on the steel at the 25 berm. All rounds fed and functioned as expected, after all it's a Sig not a 1911.

The only negative for the day is having to replace all that ammo

I took a couple pics of the empty range. Gotta get the card out of the camera and upload them.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Jeep,

I love LWRC, they have great rifles and great costumer service. Some info for your guy, however, is that the C-product mags are not working properly, and they're slowly recalling REPRs to change the magazine catch in order to make them run better with a majority of mags out there. Turns out they designed the mag catch after a particular c-products mag, and later down the line c-products changed their spec w/o telling anyone, since then a lot of people have been having problems. You can still buy REPR c-product mags through LWRC, but they're switching over to PMAGs which work great after the mag catch tweak. They did say, however, that if your rifle is running fine with PMAGs you shouldn't need to send it in. But just something for your friend to keep in mind. More info can be found here: http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6205

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    Glad your 11.5" BCM shot well, it is a beaut! (Can you tell I've fallen in love with your rifle just by the pics?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom