• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just got in on consignment, a Safety Harbor Firearms .50BMG upper for an AR-15. It is brand new in the box with a 5rd detachable magazine and carry handle. These things are pretty neat to shoot and about the most economical way to get into a .50cal rifle. Includes 10 free rounds of .50 ammo, more .50 ammo available. Price is $1975 OTD

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i just read this and thought you were either crazy or joking. but i checked Safety out, and you are neither. i was thinking how on earth could a 50bmg round fit thru an AR15 (or even AR10) magwell...

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just got in on consignment, a Safety Harbor Firearms .50BMG upper for an AR-15. It is brand new in the box with a 5rd detachable magazine and carry handle. These things are pretty neat to shoot and about the most economical way to get into a .50cal rifle. Includes 10 free rounds of .50 ammo, more .50 ammo available. Price is $1975 OTD

What length barrel? Any other accessories?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    If this is the one I'm thinking of the bolt goes into the buffer tube and needs to be fully assembled. While in the lower and upper.

How hard is it to pull a buffer/spring?

For that matter how hard is it to disassemble the entire lower?

Its not.....there are plenty of videos out there and thousands and thousands of people assemble their own all the time.

Bottom line is no modifications are necessary....just a couple part swap/removals.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    This ^^ It only requires swapping out the hammer and spring, and removing the buffer and spring. 15min install, can be easily swapped back to a .223 model.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    What length barrel? Any other accessories?

22" barrel, They dont come with much else as far as acc's. Just the upper, 5rd mag, carry handle and replacement hammer setup. Price is slightly negotiable on this, owner would like to see it go. It is brand new never fired.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

How old is it?

What model?

Got any pics?

Iirc SHF came out with a new model in the not too distant past

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I can't see how this would work with the .223 lower having such a small mag well...

looks like this
    shf-shortupper2012rgb-lr.jpg

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    How old is it?

What model?

Got any pics?

Iirc SHF came out with a new model in the not too distant past

It is about 3-4 yrs old, they only make one model that is mag fed, only difference is barrel length. I will try and get some pics tomorrow but the one posted above is a true representative of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom