• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Good to know.

Never needed anything from Classic yet but I've heard their shipping is pretty steep. I figured it'd be worth it with free shipping.

+1 on Aim. I picked up a few from them last go around.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Been trying to find these at gun shows....anyone see these bakelite Russian mil surps in Chantilly or another out of state show?

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Hardly ever, and you will probably be paying double that price at a gun show

man that's true....I'm not finding good deals at gun shows, especially ammo I go in thinking I might get a good deal and nada. I have spent more on stuff at the shows then I thought.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Been looking for some shooters.

The three that I have are mint and collectable.
    They'll never see a magwell.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Just picked up three of them, and total shipping was $14.

That's not too much different than what I paid Aim (was quoted ~$12 for 5).

Quote never came much below $12 even when I added 7-8, so I just bought a few more (10 Bakes and 10 Russian steel) at ~$11.50 shipping to defray the cost. Got one Tula Bakelite out of the deal too.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    i swear i paid over $100 for mine. maybe it is different. but i don't think so.

man that's crazy, why the big price variance all over the place...30 bucks online somewhere., 60 or 70 at a Chantilly show...and a 100 bucks that you paid...all for the same bakelite AK mags. it's not like HK steel mags which are all gawd aweful expensive no matter where you go.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Just a matter of supply and some luck. Condition matters too.

Prices start creeping up and then drop when someone uncovers and imports a large cache.

They were pretty expensive just a few years back ($75 - $100). Then Aim brought them in this year for $40. Mine from Aim have some storage wear around the feed lips but I expected that.

The shows are always going to be a micro-economy about willing buyer and seller etc.

It's not unusual to pay $75 - $100 for an investment grade Bakelite like these though:
    http://rrcfirearms.com/pd-izhmash-ak-47-bakelite-magazine.cfm

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Can those mags be shipped here? Says there're pinned to 10 rounds!!!

Yep. And you can thank me for that.

A couple months ago I ordered a pair of them. I got an email the next day saying they were canceling my order. I called them and explained that if they are restricted to 10 rounds, no matter how easy they are to convert back to 30 rds, they are legal to ship to MD. They argued with me a little about them being 30rd mag bodys and said the manager would call me back. The next day they, not the manager, called me back and said they were being shipped out. They said the manager called a few MD shops to get clarification and that they now understood they were legal for MD sale. A few days later I received my mags and they were both brand spanking new, non-issued, beauties. One is a Tula with original stampings visible. The other is an Izmash in equally perfect condition. I promptly drove to VA the next day to de-stupify the treasures. A 30 minute drive for 30 secs of work.

Another good site for Bakelites is JesticeArms.com. They will ship as rebuild kits at no extra charge.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yep. And you can thank me for that.

A couple months ago I ordered a pair of them. I got an email the next day saying they were canceling my order. I called them and explained that if they are restricted to 10 rounds, no matter how easy they are to convert back to 30 rds, they are legal to ship to MD. They argued with me a little and said the manager would call me back. The next day they, not the manager, called me back and said they were being shipped out. They said the manager called a few MD shops to get clarification and that they now understood they were legal for MD sale. A few days later I received my mags and they were both brand spanking new, non-issued, beauties. One is a Tula with original stampings visible. The other is an Izmash in equally perfect condition. I promptly drove to VA the next day to de-stupify the treasures. It took less then 30 seconds.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got 3 on the way

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    classic had 5 dollar tapco mags, the new ones with the stiffer polymer as well as a couple other black monday or whatever the hell it's called deals.

I bought a bunch as well as a couple bakelite mags.

Just for the record, after testing the new slab sided bakelite lookalike mags that tapco makes outclass the actual phenolic military mags in terms of durability, and equal them in reliability. That said, there is nothing cooler than an old skool bakelite mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom