• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I was a little PO'd when I wasn't allowed take my new AR7 the day I paid for it. How is it the MSP can manage to do an instant search for rifles but a handgun now takes around 8 weeks. I think it's a BS order from the governors office to limit the restricted weapons sales until October.
    :mad54:

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Don't know where you bought it from but they are not regulated , nics instant check is all that is required . MSP does not do the instant check they are called into the feds .

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I was a little PO'd when I wasn't allowed take my new AR7 the day I paid for it. How is it the MSP can manage to do an instant search for rifles but a handgun now takes around 8 weeks. I think it's a BS order from the governors office to limit the restricted weapons sales until October.

An AR7 is not regulated so your FFL made you wait for no reason. I mean in some cases it's close enough to play it safe and I would say no foul but this isn't even close.

Feb 28, 2013
    Not surprised. Bass Pro made me wait for the Browning pump I bought from them. Did you buy this .22 from a big box store?

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Well this BS is getting old quick! I went to Dicks in Timonium yesterday to buy a Ruger 10/22. YES they do have them in stock and not Rape me prices! $250.00 +tax wood stock!

Well I figured ok this is a piece of cake.. wrong! I filled out the paper work and they called in to NICS and they told me there is some sort of DELAY!!!! im like WTF! well I called today and still no news! this BS with the MSP is now affecting cash and carry guns sales too!

F*** GoV Omalley, F*** all the Traitor DEMS! And F*** all the Pussies that wont speak up for 2A rights!

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Well this BS is getting old quick! I went to Dicks in Timonium yesterday to buy a Ruger 10/22. YES they do have them in stock and not Rape me prices! $250.00 +tax wood stock!

Well I figured ok this is a piece of cake.. wrong! I filled out the paper work and they called in to NICS and they told me there is some sort of DELAY!!!! im like WTF! well I called today and still no news! this BS with the MSP is now affecting cash and carry guns sales too!

F*** GoV Omalley, F*** all the Traitor DEMS! And F*** all the Pussies that wont speak up for 2A rights!

MSP has nothing to do with NICS instant checks at all. Those go through the FBI.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Most likely NCIS is swamped with calls and the computers are busy. Being in IT, I would guess they are performing periodic maintenance. I'm sure the NCIS system is heavily tasked with the amount of purchases throughout the US.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Not surprised. Bass Pro made me wait for the Browning pump I bought from them. Did you buy this .22 from a big box store?

I bought it in Timonium, it wasn't Continental Arms fault, it was due to the instant check.
    The rifle is a simple 8 round Survival rifle nothing fancy. I've been delayed before on a shotgun purchase - it's just a pain in the backside to be singled out every time I want to make a purchase.

Next will be a 45 Cal. Handgun probably a Ruger SR45. Anyone have experience with one? Or maybe A SR1911...

Last edited:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State

First off this gun is not regulated now and will not be affected after SB281 takes effect. Secondly, in you next post you make it sound like your NICS check came back with a hold. This has nothing to do with the State of Maryland. So what happened? Did they make you fill out the Md. Form 77 for a regulated firearm or did the NICS Instant Check come back with a hold?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

It's not the gov'ts fault in your case. It's a Dick's problem. Do a search and you'll see that a lot of folks here have been delayed buying stuff from Dick's.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    It's not the gov'ts fault in your case. It's a Dick's problem. Do a search and you'll see that a lot of folks here have been delayed buying stuff from Dick's.

I dont think so, my wife just bought a 10/22 the other day @ Dick's White Marsh and she is out the door in 10 min...

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    First off this gun is not regulated now and will not be affected after SB281 takes effect. Secondly, in you next post you make it sound like your NICS check came back with a hold. This has nothing to do with the State of Maryland. So what happened? Did they make you fill out the Md. Form 77 for a regulated firearm or did the NICS Instant Check come back with a hold?

It was on NICS hold , probably due to my background being checked by Secret Service when I did work at the Treasury years ago...no MD form 77.

Last edited:

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    I bought it in Timonium, it wasn't Continental Arms fault, it was due to the instant check.
    The rifle is a simple 8 round Survival rifle nothing fancy. I've been delayed before on a shotgun purchase - it's just a pain in the backside to be singled out every time I want to make a purchase.

Next will be a 45 Cal. Handgun probably a Ruger SR45. Anyone have experience with one?

I had a ar-7, neat gun

it did not like cci mini mag - the bullet was too powerful, it went into automatic when it slammed the bullet in the chamber

sold the rifle. try different ammo in it

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I had a ar-7, neat gun

it did not like cci mini mag - the bullet was too powerful, it went into automatic when it slammed the bullet in the chamber

sold the rifle. try different ammo in it

Where I come from the AR going auto is a "feature":rolleyes:

The manual says don't use subsonic ammo because it may not cycle properly, it sounds like it might be a bit picky.

JackinSoMd

Feb 16, 2013
    Dentsville
    I'm in So Md but I purchased a Marlin .22 magnum bolt action rifle at WalMart and was delayed for 8 days .

Bought a 12 gauge shotgun a month later and the same thing happened , 9 day delay . This was in Jan and Feb. 2013.

Last month I bought a .22 GSG MP-5 copy in the state of Va .and walked out the door with it after a 15 minute wait .

No rhyme or reason and the clerk could give me no answers . I am trying to buy all the firearms I can afford before June .

I figure as we get closer to Oct. 1st this will get worse . I was told we are allowed to purchase the soon to be banned firearms up to Oct. 1st BUT if you don't tale possession before Jan 1st 2014 the purchase is null and void .

If this is true I can see them delaying thousands of potential buyers and stringing them along until Jan 1st stopping all those from obtaining their firearms . I haven't seen this in writing BUT it wouldn't surprise me one bit .

Does anyone plan on buying regulated firearms after Oct 1st ? I can't see having to jump through the new regulations once in effect .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom