• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    The 7 day wait is BS but it's even more BS when they don't get it done in 7 days and you don't get to pick up new gun on Christmas eve. What the heck is the hold up

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Great question. What is the hold up? Everything I’ve submitted has been coming back on time. When was it entered into the system?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yesterday was supposed to be my good to go day but I got a message on Thursday that they had a problem with my middle name not matching my drivers license. I logged on and looked and saw my middle initial "B", just like on a bunch of previous 77 R's. For some reason now B isn't good enough and they want Benjamin. So I got to start all over again yesterday

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I hate the wait, but the thing I hate more is that the HQL doesn’t eliminate the wait.

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    I hate the wait, but the thing I hate more is that the HQL doesn’t eliminate the wait.
    Yea, if the hql eliminated the wait that would of made things a little better. But it wasn't about making things better it was a deterrent. It deterred me until 2020 when I finally gave in and got it.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    In my experience, holidays do not add a day.
    My "Not disapproved" for two handguns came in this yesterday (Friday - Hogan's State Holiday) and I picked them up as soon as my FFL opened.

I also had Thanksgiving during my 7-day wait a couple of weeks ago and Thanksgiving Day counted as one of my 7.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The 7 day wait is BS but it's even more BS when they don't get it done in 7 days and you don't get to pick up new gun on Christmas eve. What the heck is the hold up
    So your FFL doesn't release on the 8th day unless they get permission from the state?

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    It's completely ridiculous. As soon as you legally own one gun, there is no reason for them to make you wait again. Do they think that some nutbag is gonna be like "I want to go out and do some terrible things, but not with any of my current guns. I'm gonna buy that new Canik for my murderous rampage!" Fúcking stupid.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    It's completely ridiculous. As soon as you legally own one gun, there is no reason for them to make you wait again. Do they think that some nutbag is gonna be like "I want to go out and do some terrible things, but not with any of my current guns. I'm gonna buy that new Canik for my murderous rampage!" Fúcking stupid.
    2AC5F8BE-B38B-45F2-9BB2-A57D9C7F22A3.gif

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    got my email 6:04 friday morning , on the seventh day . picked up the gun friday afternoon.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If you think it's absurd that having the HQL doesn't allow the FFL to trust you to walk out the door with your purchase ... think about how ridiculous it is that you can have a state-issued concealed carry permit that indicates they trust you to do things like walk into a bank (or into the gun store where you're shopping!) while armed, and you can have that weapon on your hip while you do paperwork that starts the safety-wait process that doesn't allow you to walk out with a pistol ... other than the one you already have on your body. If it wasn't so galling, it would be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom