• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tony7815

Feb 11, 2016
    I gave the FFL the 77R application number and PIN, filled out the other questionnaire and paid for the AR15 lowers on 7/1/2022. Here it is 7/16/2022 and still no email from MSP okaying picking them up. Any suggestions on how to find out the reason for such a long delay?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There have been email issues. Call your FFL. He can see if you are not disapproved.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Unless MSP has said you are Disapproved for transfer, the FFL can release after the 7th day.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Personally I’d go to the shop and pick them up.

The only other hangup I can see is if the gun shop didn't send the application on their end on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    Try the shop. I had one like that and the shop called and said you aren’t disapproved, but no response yet. Come get your gun.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Makes no sense. Every one I've done recently, including in the last week, I got the Not Disapproved email from MSP at 6AM on day 7. Call the FFL.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Makes no sense. Every one I've done recently, including in the last week, I got the Not Disapproved email from MSP at 6AM on day 7. Call the FFL.
    I'm assuming you have the collector letter? If not that could be the hang up. If so probably computer overload issues!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Two weeks ago their email was crashed and trashed. Since a week ago its been fixed. So the OP likely got caught up in it the small number of days (3? 4?) that things were screwed up. You, however, were not caught up in it.

Login to MSP's website and check your dashboard to see if it lists not disapproved. You can also call and ask your FFL to check.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    That doesn't matter... a "complete lower" is an "other"... 7 day wait.

ETA... complete lower with a complete upper attached is a rifle. No wait(well... NICS)

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Bought a P365XL on the 6/23. Checked the dashboard on 6/30 and showed Not Disapproved. I picked it up a couple of hours later. I still haven't received an email from MSP on it.

tony7815

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks for the input. I checked and am not disapproved. The FFL is closed on Mondays so I'll call Tuesday, hoping he will allow me to pick them up.
    I wouldn't be buying these lowers except for the "ghost gun" ban. I have two AR's (7.62x39 and 350 Legend) built on polymer lowers and they have been functioning great for years. I'm under no illusion that if they confiscated the "ghost gun" lowers they would take the uppers and optics as well.

Trauma915

Oct 4, 2019
    My application was submitted and acceoted on July 30th 2022. Today makes day 7 and no email...when I go to the dash board it seys, forwarded for review on 8/5/2022. I reviewed my application to insure that I checked all the boxes appropriately and completely. Any idea what the hold up might be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom