• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Shooters;

There are about 7 spots left for the Precision Rifle Match at Mayberry Game on 6/20. Send $30.00 registration to;
    Steve Dukehart
    308 Royer Rd
    Westminster, MD 21158

You will need 100 round of pistol and 60 rounds of rifle ammo. See mayberrygpa.com and PM me or steveinmd for more info.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    does that include my bannana hamock?

TODD.gif

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Had a great time yesterday and it was a very interesting course of fire! Thanks to the Steve's for coordinating this thing and coming up with all the interesting scenarios.

Next time I'll make sure to check my equipment BEFORE the match, it's what I get for assuming though.:sad20:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'd take a look at that rifle too. :innocent0

Forgot to thank you for lending me a rifle to complete the last stage, many thanks sir!! I hit the damn target with your rifle in the worst position of the day so I know something is wrong with my scope, hopefully it didn't crap itself and it's something easy.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No sweat T, and you're quite welcome. Should have offered it sooner, didn't realized you were having difficulties.

I didn't realize what was wrong until the save your buddy stage, I just thought I was having a really bad day. When I shot the 112 yd shot and it hit the dirt about 70 yards out I realized I definitely had an equipment problem.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    I didn't realize what was wrong until the save your buddy stage, I just thought I was having a really bad day. When I shot the 112 yd shot and it hit the dirt about 70 yards out I realized I definitely had an equipment problem.

So what was the failure w/ your rifle? Loose scope or something like that?
    You shooting a semi-auto or a bolt? If semi-auto, an AR?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    So what was the failure w/ your rifle? Loose scope or something like that?
    You shooting a semi-auto or a bolt? If semi-auto, an AR?

I haven't taken it to the range yet, plan on doing that next week but I am suspecting the elevation adjustments took a crap on me. The scope is tight on the mounts, I haven't shot it since the last tactical and it was on then. This time I was missing the target every time, even from the prone and that's my most stable position.

I tried to get Steve to see if he could spot where I was hitting as we did the save your buddy drill and he never saw one impact until the 100 yard line, I was dialing on my dope at each stage so he should have been able to see an impact at some point if I was even close. I did hit one plate but didn't realize it until after I was done shooting and couldn't remember where I was aiming when I hit it.

I am shooting a 20" wilson SS15 upper AR, check my photo gallery, there is a pic of it in there with a description of the other components of the build. I was using Fiochi 77grain SMK match bullets with a 1/8 twist and have had very good luck with the 77 grain bullet in that gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom