• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    I've got the 226 with SRT in 9mm, the sp2022 in 40, the XDm in 40, the 96 in 40, and a M&P in 40.

Love them all. The 226 was my first and favorite. The XDm 40 came next. Love it too. The Beretta came next due to a member showing off his 96 BRIGADIER ELITE II and me being a two-tone junkie had to go get one. Finally, I had a buddy want to unload his VERY low round count M&P 40. I REALLY, REALLY want to love the M&P, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Honestly, I have only had it to the range once, but it was so humiliating, I almost want to just get rid of it.

Of all my guns, the SIGs are my favorites. The XDm and Beretta have their place and the M&P, well we need more time together.

Moral is get some range time in with the pistol of interest. Many members here are available and willing to let you get some trigger time on their guns and your ammo. And as mentioned before, some rentals are beat and not cleaned often so take that experience for what it is worth (feel and fit, not necessarily accuracy).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you're going to go with the M&P get the .40.
    You can always switch to a 9mm mag and barrel and shoot 9mm.
    Can't go the other way though.

as said in the other thread....be careful with this. The 40 breech face, ejector and recoil spring are different from 40 and 9. Tossing a 9mm barrel in an upper made for 40(with the bigger breech face) and with an ejector cut for the 40 may or may not work reliably on your gun. At worst, improper fit from the aftermarket barrel could cause permanent damage to your stock gun. Properly converting calibers means changing out ejectors and the entire upper, as in the sig x-change kits for the 226.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/high-capacity-centerfire-x-change-kit-387.aspx

Switching from 40 to .357 sig isn't as big a deal since the .357 sig's parent cartridge is the 40 s&w(their bases are the same). From 40 to .357, you're basically just looking at changing the recoil spring and barrel(assuming the conversion barrel is fit properly to avoid damaging wear to the factory parts).

M&P's seem to run fairly well when converted with either the storm lake conversion barrel or just using a factory 9mm s&w barrel.

Jan 8, 2013
    Urbana
    I just recently purchased the M&P 9mm based mostly on the recommendation of a very friendly informative store employee who can carry any gun he wants everyday and chooses to carry the M&P. I got the range and carry package and have loved the extra magazines and easy loader tool. I've only shot 483 rounds through it so far, but have experienced no failures of any kind. My top priorities in this, primarily home defense, purchase were unwavering reliablity and a good feel im my relatively large hands. This pistol has fit both of those criteria perfectly so far.

I will say if it's going to be primarily a target gun i would recommend the apex trigger stuff and possibly a new set of sights. But those are my only two, very minor complaints about the M&P9 so far.

LostS0x

Dec 20, 2012
    Howard County
    Yup, I made a BIG mistake last night. I went to On-Target to try out some more guns. I started with the M&P40 and was getting a good grouping straight away but can definitely tell the difference, moved to a Glock 17 and didn't like it. Then finally went to the P226, which I wanted originally, and fell in love with it again. So I may just either try and hold off for a good deal or just save up for a new one.

ericeng91

Feb 27, 2012
    Severn
    Yup, I made a BIG mistake last night. I went to On-Target to try out some more guns. I started with the M&P40 and was getting a good grouping straight away but can definitely tell the difference, moved to a Glock 17 and didn't like it. Then finally went to the P226, which I wanted originally, and fell in love with it again. So I may just either try and hold off for a good deal or just save up for a new one.

yeap. same thing happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom