• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I am not a big AR fan, prefer Garand action type rifles but, I just could not resist an opportunity to vote with my wallet. Stopped by Bob's Sunoco to purchase a "Bite Me O'Malley" new toy. Jim behind the counter was great to do business with, young Lady at the register too. I had my heart set on a Ruger 556E but waffled too long and both were already sold before I got back to the store. After going through all the semi-autos they have (and they have quite a selection) I found a real nice piston gun that fit my needs and wants, for a price I was willing to pay. I think Bob's is often overlooked when thinking of a gun purchase, most instead heading to the Tackle Box. For me, I will be heading back to Bob's when the gun buying itch returns. Nice to be treated with respect and not just a number. Even got to say Hi to Bob, he's the guy with the cowboy hat.
    Thank you, and now to take the new toy apart and clean it.

CLee

Mar 31, 2013
    Pax River area
    Had no interest in an AR but thanks to Owe-Malley my husband is now in the process of building one for me. Just my way of saying "bite me"! LOL

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Is this a gas station that happens to sell guns too? What a great idea? Go to fill the tank and spend hours browsing. I will have to check it out.

Tony P

Mar 29, 2013
    St Mary's
    +1 to Bobs, great people to work with. Picked up a couple handguns from them, had a fair price on some Black Cloud ammo, not as cehap as the big chain stores but happy to give my business to the locals.

The eight day release is reason enough for a little extra money spent on goose hunting.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    And they have a beer cave too!

In fact their beer cave is about the best in SoMD; lots of great beers to choose from!

Yes, it's a gas station that's also a small, local Bass Pro outlet. They have good stock, fair prices on firearms that almost always beat the competition, 8th day release policy, reasonable ammo prices (not always the cheapest but not scalping either - feed the brick and mortar stores!), and the friendly, knowledgeable staff (again, way better than the local competition). What's not to like! :party29:

karmd

I like my girly gun
    Jul 4, 2013
    Hollywood
    Bob's is the best. Went to Tackle Box yesterday for an extra mag for my Sig 'skeeter, they can't get them in even as "authorized Sig dealer". Bob's had a whole box of them. Cat is so helpful and really knows her stuff, love dealing with her. Have purchased 2 guns from them and am very happy with both.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Was there on Friday, bought a handgun for cheaper than MSAR and I get to pick it up in 8 days instead of 120 days. Eddie behind the counter was great to work with and talk to. I will definitely be sending business their way.

:party29:

Feb 28, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member