• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Finally after a whirlwind trip to the left coast and back my gunbroker 42 VKT M39 that UPS "lost" finally arrived. Good looking gun, good bore, clean as can be on the outside, 1907 tang, but was shocked at the amount of dirt between the stock and metal. Looked similar to a SOG T53. Id guess it hasnt been apart in quite some time. oddly no shims in the stock. Took me forever to find the import mark. under the barrel inline with the cleaning rod and so small I could barely read it. Not too bad for $330 shipped even if it did take forever

Here are pics of the 42 from the auction

Gorgeous stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I remember when you were bidding on that.

I've had several 39s without shims.

The ones I've had with shims/spacers seemed to be there so the action could be tightened without the action screws bottoming out.

Never held onto the belief that shims were used to adjust for accuracy.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Hmm, ok, I got the impression they were all shimmed for accuracy.

Most were. If you aren't the original owner from when imported, it's very easy for them to have fallen out any time the action was removed from the stock. Lots of people have no idea what they are and just tossed them or put them aside and forgot to pass them on to the next owner.
    The rifles are still pretty accurate, so guys aren't pressed to float the barrel by shimming and leave them as is.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    She has lost me as a customer.

They're her toys and it's her biness, but a 200 and fidy dolla premium is a tad much.

I will still buy from her if the price is right, but these most recent prices are a bit much. I am interested in the 69' but in no way am I paying $879 for one. Maybe she will ease up if no one buys from her.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I will still buy from her if the price is right, but these most recent prices are a bit much. I am interested in the 69' but in no way am I paying $879 for one. Maybe she will ease up if no one buys from her.

Agreed, I want one from the 60s or 70s but $500 shipped is more than plenty. $879 is batshit cray.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Many, if not most, of them were milled/ground off by the Russians after the revolution.

They wanted all remnants of the Czar eliminated.

Actually this is not true, the vast majority of rifles owned by the Soviets remained unscrubbed, the Finns sometimes scrubbed the eagles, the Spaniards scrubbed a few, the Balkans scrubbed most of them, but the Soviets left them intact.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I noticed that all but one of the M39s that she posted last week are gone, including the one that originally listed for $800 and some change, which she reduced to $700 and some change. I wasn't following the page on a daily basis, so I don't know whether those actually sold or they just disappeared one day. I can't imagine someone paid $800 for an M39, but I guess stranger things have happened.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I noticed that all but one of the M39s that she posted last week are gone, including the one that originally listed for $800 and some change, which she reduced to $700 and some change. I wasn't following the page on a daily basis, so I don't know whether those actually sold or they just disappeared one day. I can't imagine someone paid $800 for an M39, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I have noticed Ms. Burns on Gunbroker selling rifles that did not sell on the website. The prices are often similarly high. Perhaps they have all moved there.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Maybe she's trying to fund a big vacation this summer?

I have heard various stories about her source of rifles and the reasons for the way she sells them. Despite the fact that she sells the way she does, her inventory and sales volume is higher than many a "Brick and Mortar" LGS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom