• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    So I had a couple questions about my build. I've learned the hard way on a couple things so far and wanted to get some more info before I move forward.

I'm building a Bulgarian AK74 that I got from AK Builder. I just got done heat treating the FCG holes and I need to trip up the ejector tip. When I run the bolt across the rails now the tip seems to snag just a little bit. How much should I trim off?

The magazine stabilizers need to be trimmed as well. Should I just make them even with the dimples?

My trigger guard needed to have the hole drilled and after doing so it seems to be off just a little bit. So my magazine catch is being an extra stone cold bitch. Any good ideas on how to get it back in there? I saw some stuff on using a vise and a slave pin. Should I rivet it in when I'm done?

Thank you in advance for any advice you give. Everyone on this site has been very helpful and courteous so far.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    mag stabilizers shouldn't need trimming if you've got the right type for the flat/rifle you're building. maybe a little filing just in case, but check *ALL* your magazines before you go removing metal.

same idea on the ejector...just use a file and take off a tiny bit each time and check with the bolt/carrier frequently. take off *JUST* enough so that it doesn't drag anymore, and no more.

mag catch, to be installed properly, is supposed to be on a pin that is then expanded/peened once everything is aligned properly. if you drilled the hole incorrectly, you may need to get a new trigger guard. just get one that's fully assembled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom