• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    So I have been living in kentucky for a year now, and i had to go down to louisville. As you may know, two very large internet gun / gun parts suppliers are located here in KY. Buds guns and Centerfire systems. I visited both today within hours of each other. I have been to buds many times, but never visited centerfire, although I have ordered from them before. Here are my storefront reviews.

The Good.

1105_industry_address.png

Buds gun store operates on two fronts, In store sales and internet sales. Internet sales are available for in store pickup, but not everything on the site is available for purchase at the store. There Lexington, KY location has an indoor firing range, Law enforcement only sales desk, NFA items sales desk, used guns, new guns, ammo, surplus, etc. ALL firearms are available for handling and it is basically a daily gun show. You can help yourself to go through a freshly opened crate of mosins to pick out the best, or have an employee show you how your new silencer comes apart. All employees are visibly armed, very helpful, and fun to talk with. They always have some form of .22 in stock in the store. Prices are 9.00 for 100 rounds of cci, 6.00 per 50 round box of federal "hi velocity", or 40.00 per 525 round bulk pack. Fairly good prices these days. Ammo prices were what I would call "gun store retail" as were gun prices. The bargain bin is especially good as todays finds included 2 50 round tec 9 mags at 15.00 each and an ar7 mag for 5.00.

The Bad

cat.jpg

I came into centerfire, knowing that there was no storefront. I have made many purchases with them over the years on both internet and phone orders. I had an idea of some things I wanted to see and buy. I went in the small, plain side door in the warehouse and entered a 8x8 room. Behind the empty desk was a sign saying that an alarm would tell someone i needed assistance. Within seconds someone was there to help me. There was only one ratty copy of their catalog to go through. Two other people came in after me, and they had to wait in the small office until I was done. There was a large list of out of stock calibers on the wall [including the ones I wanted :(] There was also a sign that said "we will happily show you two guns, after that there will be a 10.00 hand select fee". That sign kinda bothered me to tell the truth. The ammo and gun prices were both better than buds [except they were sold out of alot of calibers]. The AK buttstock I came for was sold out, when I asked if it would be in stock soon, I was told "don't hold your breath". He stated they had been on backorder since october. Why they would list something on backorder from fall in their summer catalog, I have no idea. I did get my archangel mosin mag [22.00] and my ncstar spotting scope [26.00]. But overall, I was a bit disappointed in the service. It did not seem like face to face sales are this company's strong point. But many online suppliers have very good storefronts that really carry their brand well, such as Sarco, Buds guns, and even CTD. Too bad, as many gun buyer are "impulse" buyers, and buy things they can see and touch.

Overall, I would highly recommend Buds, it was a fun visit as always and there is alot to see, and would urge centerfire buyers to stick to catalog purchases as they have terrible face to face sales.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Good review! Have you ever been to Kentucky Gun company? Pre-Oct1st I ordered an AK and AR lowers from them (kygunco.com), all smooth transactions. They're in Bardstown, KY, I think.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I recently contacted Centerfire about a Saiga Sport style shotgun. They told me that they would not sell anything semi auto to someone with a MD residence. I realize they are not the only company with this policy, but it sure gets frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom