• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    My grandfather passed away just shy of his 89th birthday back in October. He served in the Merchant Marines during WW2 and Korea so he had some pretty cool military stuff. One of the things I got from his estate was this knife. it's a cut-down bayonet from an 1898 Krag-Jorgensen. It's dated to 1899 and has a few initials carved into the wooden grips. It looks like a soldiers initials on one side and NY on the other. I didn't get a picture because they're hard to see in photos. I know it's not rare or valuable but I think it's cool so I thought I'd share. I'm not sure if he cut it down himself or bought it that way.

QCila4t.jpg

HVFU861.jpg

x5ZF5Im.jpg

MEvwBqi.jpg

PSD4ono.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Nasty little pig sticker and a very cool artifact. May your grandfather rest in peace.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Loved the look of that before I even saw the pics of it out of the sheath. That you have a family connection to it is even better. That's treasure, in my book.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I am sorry about the loss of your grandfather. That is a cool knife. I know it may not be worth a lot to others, but it is priceless to you. Take good care of it.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    That would be a great knife even of it didn't come from your grandfather. The family connection makes itso much better. I have my grandfathers old Buck knife. Nothing special except that it came from him. That alone makes it priceless (to me).

firefighter_21701

Aug 19, 2012
    FLORIDA
    nice piece. may your grandfather rest easy and sorry for your loss. no matter what its worth its priceless cause its now an heirloom that you can pass on to your kids or grand children

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom