• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Just brought this home. As always, Gus at Accurate Pawn was great. No hassle transfer and sold me some ammo at a good price. I'll be up at On Target tonight around 7 trying this bad boy out. Say hi if you recognize the gun!

It's the M206. Came with extra grips which was a nice added surprise.

2015-11-04.jpg

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Update

Took it to the range last night and it shot great. DA and SA were both very enjoyable. The sights are my only negative to the gun right now. They took some figuring out. The grips are a tad uncomfortable but I love the look of them so much I don't know if I could replace them. Maybe down the road a bit, we'll see.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I got the same one a few weeks ago. My first revolver, ever.

My wife shot it once and sat it down and said she was done, lol...it is a bit snappy for a woman.

Did you get yours used?

New, mine came with a much more friendly set of black polymer grips which made it a LOT more comfortable to shoot.

The wood grips do give it that nostalgic look, but didn't do much for my old worn out wrist trying to hang onto it...lol. The sights do kinda suck and are hard to see IMO.

It does put out quite the little fire show though...;)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i had to do a little research on this one. Armscor (Philippines) has been around for quite a while and make some good quality firearms. this revolver, while, inexpensive, seems well made.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I got the same one a few weeks ago. My first revolver, ever.

My wife shot it once and sat it down and said she was done, lol...it is a bit snappy for a woman.

Did you get yours used?

New, mine came with a much more friendly set of black polymer grips which made it a LOT more comfortable to shoot.

The wood grips do give it that nostalgic look, but didn't do much for my old worn out wrist trying to hang onto it...lol. The sights do kinda suck and are hard to see IMO.

It does put out quite the little fire show though...;)

Haha nice! I did notice the fire show, very cool little gun.

Yes I got mine new too, $214 online.

It has the rubber grips, I am definitely going to be trying them out as the wooden grips leave a lot to be desired.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    i had to do a little research on this one. Armscor (Philippines) has been around for quite a while and make some good quality firearms. this revolver, while, inexpensive, seems well made.

Mine originally got flagged by MSP for not being on the roster. Evidently, there was no mention of a Rock Island Armory M206 38 special, but instead it was listed under Armscor. (That's what the FFL, an IP here, told me)

Haha nice! I did notice the fire show, very cool little gun.

Yes I got mine new too, $214 online.

It has the rubber grips, I am definitely going to be trying them out as the wooden grips leave a lot to be desired.

Yep, the grips made a big difference for me. $214 is a good price. I'm thinking about getting their M200 with a 4" barrel next. ;)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

And their firearms have a Lifetime Warranty... No matter if you are the first or thirtieth owner...

The customer service in Pahrump Nevada is great.

I like my RIA...

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Pretty cool. That pistol looks like it came right out of the pocket of a 1930's gangster.

I believe it's a copy of the Colt Detective Special. Don't quote me on that...lol. I do know that the speed loaders and grips for the real deal Colt interchange. I actually like the other grips for fitment to me, but those wooden ones, like you said, look like some gangster stuff.

There is a longer barrel version of the pistol as well, I have one of those, works great.

Do you have the snubbie one too? I'm curious how it's recoil is compared to each other. I already pm'd JLOWES about a 4" version...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom