• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I am going to a meeting on Tuesday and will check to see if anyone has the hall resereved for specific dates in December. Would FRI, SAT, or SUN be better?

Thanks

NOBODY

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Guys.....what are we deciding?

Food:
    Pot Luck
    Catered (Pay per Plate)

Charity:
    50/50 raffles
    I'd like to have a gun raffle if we can get a donation
    Silent Auction- we will need donations

Type of party:
    Family atmosphere
    Drink, Drunk, and Stumble

My thoughts, I don't think we have enough people to have it catered. I know we're getting the hall for free but I think a "buffet pot luck" is just more social then catered.

IMO this is first a social event (MDS members to meet and talk guns and politics) and a fundraiser on the side. I think if we make this a fundraiser first.....we get away from the spirit of Christmas parties.

IMO.......your thoughts???

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I am all for the pot luck idea....the more this becomes a fundraiser, the less interest I have in it.

For one, I simply don't have the money to keep putting out. Unemployment does that to you.

Secondly, it would be nice to have a social gathering without an agenda. Friends and families getting together to celebrate the holidays.

Just my 2 cents.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I am all for the pot luck idea....the more this becomes a fundraiser, the less interest I have in it.

For one, I simply don't have the money to keep putting out. Unemployment does that to you.

Secondly, it would be nice to have a social gathering without an agenda. Friends and families getting together to celebrate the holidays.

Just my 2 cents.

My feelings as well....

We have over 1100 hits in just a few days, I think the interest is here. We need someone to take the lead on this? Not sure if Lambo really wants to.

Can you take it August1410? I can help closer to Thanksgiving if i can go but right now I'm swamped.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    I think some people are waiting to see what dates are going to be to choose from before they comment or commit one way or another. This def. sounds fun and I will do what I can but this time of year gets swamped for me at work plus all the holiday stuff.

Christmas is a family affair and I think the party should be that way. There is lots of time year round for everyone to get together for a drunk and stumble fest. I also think a list of stuff that people will bring and done buffet style is the best way to go.
    Just my 1.5 cents worth

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My feelings as well....

We have over 1100 hits in just a few days, I think the interest is here. We need someone to take the lead on this? Not sure if Lambo really wants to.

Can you take it August1410? I can help closer to Thanksgiving if i can go but right now I'm swamped.

Let me give it some thought.....wouldn't really mind, but my organizational skills suck.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Let me give it some thought.....wouldn't really mind, but my organizational skills suck.

You don't have to be that organized....delegate. I can help mid to end of Nov. Right now til Mid month I have too much on the plate otherwise I'd be happy to help. Things we need:

Hall Coordinator: Nobody
    Food Coordinator: ?
    Charity Coordinator: Lambo?
    Games and activites for kids:??

I am going to a meeting on Tuesday and will check to see if anyone has the hall resereved for specific dates in December. Would FRI, SAT, or SUN be better?

Thanks

NOBODY

it appears Sat is a better day. Can you see what Sat are available.

As far as times I'm thinking late afternoon into dinner (5pm-?) for those who have younger kids they are bringing. Those who want/can stay longer can. People who can help set up @ 4:30. We can eat @ 6pm

what does everyone else think??

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    You don't have to be that organized....delegate. I can help mid to end of Nov. Right now til Mid month I have too much on the plate otherwise I'd be happy to do it. Things we need:

Hall Coordinator: Nobody
    Food Coordinator: ?
    Charity Coordinator: Lambo?
    Games and activites for kids:??

it appears Sat is a better day. Can you see what Sat are available.

As far as times I'm thinking late afternoon into dinner (5pm-?) for those who have younger kids they are bringing. Those who want/can stay longer can. People who can help set up @ 4:30. We can eat @ 6pm

what does everyone else think??

I think for someone that doesn't have time to organize this you are doing a great job!

Oh and the day and time's sound good too.:D

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    My wife said she can provide:

Appitizers

Salad
    Crab Soup
    Meat balls in brown gravy

Main Course

Two of the following

Rigatoni pasta topped with Meat sauce and melted Mozzarella Cheese
    Oven Baked Penne pasta homemade Marinara and melted Mozzarella
    Oven baked Stuffed Shells topped with Meat sauce and Mozzarella
    Italian Sausage, Peppers, Onion over Pasta and topped with Marinara
    Chicken Alfredo over homemade Pasta
    Baked Chicken Parmigiana over Pasta

Hot dogs for the kids.

Soda, coffee

Two dessert selections.

I will, due to my profession provide some entertainment for the kids and the adults as well if no other bookings come my way. My wife can hold the party if I have to leave.

I would request a "family style" party for this event. WHile I am OK with beer please keep in mind that my club lets its members to use the facilaties for free BUT we have to maintain control and make sure nothing is damaged. I do not think this would be a problem with this group, I am just saying. We are a family here and I would hate to have this first event go awry as if it goes well we can come back time after time and a free hall (that is very nice) is a great thing to have access to.

The price for this would be

Adults $20.00 per person.
    Kids $13.00 per person.

I would need at least 25 people (15 adults minimum)

There is a max of 50 total and would do lie the challange coins and accept payment prior to December 1< 2009. This gives everyone one month to get thier funds in. If you send the money and there is not enough participation I will promptly send the money back.

IMHO the catered event would be better than a 'pot luck" so we know what is going to be served and there are no surprises.

Let me know what you guys think.

NOBODY

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My wife said she can provide:

Appitizers

Salad
    Crab Soup
    Meat balls in brown gravy

Main Course

Two of the following

Rigatoni pasta topped with Meat sauce and melted Mozzarella Cheese
    Oven Baked Penne pasta homemade Marinara and melted Mozzarella
    Oven baked Stuffed Shells topped with Meat sauce and Mozzarella
    Italian Sausage, Peppers, Onion over Pasta and topped with Marinara
    Chicken Alfredo over homemade Pasta
    Baked Chicken Parmigiana over Pasta

Hot dogs for the kids.

Soda, coffee

Two dessert selections.

I will, due to my profession provide some entertainment for the kids and the adults as well if no other bookings come my way. My wife can hold the party if I have to leave.

I would request a "family style" party for this event. WHile I am OK with beer please keep in mind that my club lets its members to use the facilaties for free BUT we have to maintain control and make sure nothing is damaged. I do not think this would be a problem with this group, I am just saying. We are a family here and I would hate to have this first event go awry as if it goes well we can come back time after time and a free hall (that is very nice) is a great thing to have access to.

The price for this would be

Adults $20.00 per person.
    Kids $13.00 per person.

I would need at least 25 people (15 adults minimum)

There is a max of 50 total and would do lie the challange coins and accept payment prior to December 1< 2009. This gives everyone one month to get thier funds in. If you send the money and there is not enough participation I will promptly send the money back.

IMHO the catered event would be better than a 'pot luck" so we know what is going to be served and there are no surprises.

Let me know what you guys think.

NOBODY

I'm out....this doesn't work out for people on limited incomes/unemployed.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm not going have $66 (2 adults and 2 kids) before the holidays myself. My son doesn't eat anything on the menu either. I"m out too...sorry.

Sorry...if i had the time I could plan something different. I can get a firehall for free in my area and we could make it pot luck.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I would be interested if we do Pot luck, even though i am not out of work i find it hard to spend money on things when i wont have anything tangible to show for it the next day, thus we eat at home and hardly ever go out on the town.
    The other thing that I wonder about this is some Im sure would like to have a drink or two, I know when i can get out i want to kick back with a few beers and Bs with some friends, however, that also means My kids wont be attending, as im not about to go out have a few drinks and then get in the car with my kids. just not gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom