• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The only time a similar thing happened to me unfolded like this: I found a S&W M39 9mm left behind at the range by a shooter who I had briefly said hi to earlier- no idea as to his identity. I took the pistol home, cleaned it, and then went around to all the gun shops and sporting goods stores in the area (York,PA) describing the gun and its owner as best I could. To make a long story short, it paid off and I was able to get the gun back into the forgetful owner's hands. Three months later was an item in the local news where a woman shot her husband with his 9mm and finished him off by bludgeoning him with a champagne bottle. You guessed it- it was my guy and the same M39 I returned to his possession.

Unintended consequences...
    Final destination...sometimes you cant escape destiny...

It would be nice to get it back to its owner. I would have posted a sign at the range saying who had it. The owner probably wont realize its gone till the next time he goes to shoot.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    If that BP rifle was fired, the owner probably would have thought to clean it, and now knows he left it behind. If the rifle wasn't fired, and was instead just one of a group of guns taken to the range, it could be months or more before the owner even knows it's missing.

Good on OP to do the right thing. There's thankfully a few such folks left. Damned few it seems, but maybe that's the skeptic in me. One thing for sure.....If that were my rifle, I'd be sick about having lost it.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    The rifle has been returned to it's owner :thumbsup: Good job Hooligan's

Awesome job, so glad there are still decent folk in the world.

soy increases estrogen levels and we all know that women are forgetful

You're kidding right? Are you married? lol, my wife reminds me often of mistakes, forgets, perceived wrongdoings, misspeaks, whatnots, from the day we met till now, 17+ years later. They forget NOTHING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom