• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    525070_10150284031689975_1634859249_n.jpg

MOM with Mrs. Sarah Brady, Brian Frosh, Anthony Brown, and on the left of the couch, I am not sure. Photo taken on Wednesday.

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    I just want to slap those sh!t eating grins off their faces. I would love to ask them what there hobbies and interests are then make them illegal

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    The guy on the left of the couch looks like Vinnie DeMarco; I believe he has headed every anti gun group in Maryland ; When I was involved with legislation he headed Marylanders for Handgun Control.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This was my last ditch email to Frosh yesterday
    February 21, 2013

Senator Brian Frosh
    Miller Senate Office Building, 2 East Wing
    11 Bladen St.
    Annapolis, MD 21401

Re: Your meeting with Sarah Brady

Dear Senator Frosh,
    If the current pending gun legislation in Maryland was in effect in 1981, I don't think it would have prevented John Hinkley from purchasing a firearm and shooting Sarah Brady’s husband. The weapon used was a .22 caliber revolver.

If the current pending gun legislation in Maryland was in effect in Newtown, Connecticut, I don’t think it would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. The shooter obtained the guns illegally by killing his own mother. Unfortunately he had all the time he needed to reload his firearm against defenseless children. A semiautomatic firearm or high capacity magazines were of no benefit to him in committing the murders.

If the current pending gun legislation in Maryland was in effect in Virginia during the Virginia Tech shooting, I don’t think it would have prevented the campus shooting. The shooter was armed with two handguns: one with a 10 round magazine and one with a 15 round magazine.

If the current pending gun legislation in Maryland was in effect in Columbine, Colorado, I don’t think it would have prevented the Columbine massacre. There were two shooters in Columbine. One had a legal (unregulated) rifle with 13 – 10 round magazines and one shooter had a regulated semi-automatic handgun with high capacity magazines (1 -28 round, 1-32 round, and 1 -52 round). Ironically the shooter with the standard capacity rifle got off 96 shots whereas as the shooter with the “banned” handgun only got off 55 shots.

You will note that all five shooters in these four incidents suffered from various forms of mental illnesses.

By now you’ve probably caught on to the theme of my letter. Senate Bill 281 will have no practical effect on reducing gun crimes in Maryland. It will not make us safer from the common threat of gang violence, repeat offenders, and the mentally deranged. I urge you to help craft meaningful legislation to help reduce crime in our state.

Sincerely,

pbharvey

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    The guy on the left of the couch looks like Vinnie DeMarco; I believe he has headed every anti gun group in Maryland ; When I was involved with legislation he headed Marylanders for Handgun Control.

I bet Vinnie and Uncle Joe Curran were buddies.

I was thinking today that Uncle Joe must feel like an expectant father waiting for his first baby to be born.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    They don't care about facts or anything of the sort. In their eyes they are doing what they feel will get them elected next time. They live to punish law abiding citizens. Nothing we say or do will change their minds about that.
    :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom