• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Long story short. Girlfriends family owns a JC Higgins Model 20-16ga. They swear to me that the gun shoots 20-16ga ammo then wonder why they have problems cycling 20ga. They asked if I could do some gunsmithing voodoo on the thing and when I finally see the engraving on the shotgun I see where the confusion lies. Especially for some one doesn't understand shotguns and received it as a heirloom.

What do you guys think, easy mistake?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      71.3 KB · Views: 240
    Last edited:

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Also keep in mind that this is a family who claimed that their shotgun was "spitting" shot out of the receiver back at them... Solved that problem when I told them not to shoot #9 shot at bowling pins resting on a fence...

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    I'm "half-serious" when I say, good thing it wasn't a Model 20 - 12GA. That could have hurt someone...

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Two cents from the (original) Shotgun Joe.

Firing something before you know everything about it is a bad idea. This could have worked out very badly for those involved. Ideally, they should have asked someone knowledgeable before pulling the trigger.

That said, I look at the markings on the gun and do not see where it can be interpreted as a 20-16 gauge. Of course, I am well versed in firearms, especially shotguns.

This comes back to my first statement. If you don't know what it is, don't shoot it. A lack of information can get someone hurt or killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom