• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 5, 2013
    Has any one else considered the fact that they can gain gun control by limiting access to magazines and ammo? If they control the import/manufacturing of these items they can gain the upper hand without passing any gun control bill.

greghall

Jul 23, 2012
    Whitemarsh
    They already got it have you tried to buy anything lately? I have a AR and didnt stock up on ammo I was stupid and didnt stock up.But what is the use of a Black rifle if you dont have ammo for it or its so expensive you cant shoot it? This histeria is just crazy!

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Has any one else considered the fact that they can gain gun control by limiting access to magazines and ammo? If they control the import/manufacturing of these items they can gain the upper hand without passing any gun control bill.

Welcome to the forum!
    That's exactly why a lot of gun owners like to stock up but unfortunately it might be too late.
    When I stocked up a few years ago magazines were $10 and ammo was 1/3 the price it is now.
    During the first scary looking evil black gun and magazine ban, those same magazines were selling for more that $75.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    That has been seriously proposed by many Democrats who'd love nothing more to see guns turned into expensive clubs.

Foreign supplies could be cut off for sure. In that void domestic manufacturing would fill in. More expensive to be sure but there. The administration could then attempt to choke the supply off via regulation but that takes time and must be done in public view.

If it got bad enough I suspect there would be a Constitutional challenge. When the government attacks an enumerated right on the periphery to the point that it chokes off effective exercise of the right, it may be seen as the equivalent of a civil rights violation. Arms need ammo, they are not independent elements of the right but are symbiotic in the ability to exercise it. The Courts would probably not look favorably long-term on a government agency attempt to pull a Chris Rock on gun owners via regulation, taxation, etc.

Matt

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    You all are suckers. I cashed out my retirement and bought all the ammo I could. Then strategically placed each round in certain areas. My wife says I'm paranoid. I like to think of it as being prepared.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    It's been talked about and suggested. Most recently was a proposed "sin tax" in cook county Illinois for ammunition. For years it was mentioned to tax these things out of existence.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Honestly I'm just cutting back on my shooting for the time being. All's I gots is time. Time to wait for the govt to quit fookin with us

Not quitting here just shifting energy into things I can shoot and can still get ammo for. Got thousands of rounds of 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R, 6.5x55mm, .22LR, .30 Carbine and .303 British I can burn through and restock at a somewhat more leisurely pace as everyone else scrambles for .223, .308 and the like. So I cut down on taking the AR to the range and limit my .45 to practice only for myself and keep friends off those guns for now.

Hey, when you're the only guy looking for 7.5mm French and can still get on the line to fire when all the ARs are silent and empty next to you because you have ammo, suddenly the diversity choices don't seem so bad! If I have to, I'll just shoot my MAS 36 for the next year. No trouble finding 7.5mm French right now!

I just chose a bad time to start in on reloading! :D

Matt

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    For those of us who were lucky enough to prepare and have an ample supply of ammo and magazines, practice will be extremely expensive in order to replenish. I foresee reloading getting pricey as well. I'm trying to hold on to what I have without depleting the stockpile.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I'm convinced that it's half the point behind magazine capacity bans.

I'd wager that more than half of all magazine-loaded firearms (and about 90% of all "assault weapons" and modern handguns) use a standard magazine that contains more than 10 rounds. When capacity gets limited, factories have to be retooled to make new magazines and any competition of military and police surplus is eliminated, driving up prices and diminishing supply. MD has used their laws successfully for years to make out of state FFLs too terrified of breaking the law to ship stuff here.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Criminals make firearms and ammo when they can't acquire guns illegally. Legislating and taxing only harms legitimate gun owners.

It is impossible to prevent criminals from having weapons; we can't even stop them in prison, so why do antis think its possible to create a utopia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom