AA Co animal control or helpful county police?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    I have annoying neighbors who don't seem to understand that their dog should be kept inside instead of barking all night. Unlike the thirty people living in their house, the wife and I actually have jobs that require us to wake up in the morning. Talking to these lazy asses yields no results, bc they are indignant or high. I called county animal control a few times, but nothing resulted. It's a yapping lap dog that's left outside all year long - dog used to be white, but since it doesn't have the required shelter on 3 sides plus a roof (long leash attached to the porch) it has gotten pretty mangy.

Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who might be able to remedy this situation near Maryland City?

Good luck with animal control or AA police (which animal control tells you to call if they're not open).You can download an Affidavit of Complaint from AC website and fill it out to get the ball rolling,the more the better.But from experience,unless they see/hear the violation they can't do much and even then it's iffy as to what they're going to do.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I sat on the AA CO Animal Control Commission for about 8 years hearing those cases. With some people you just have to start keeping a log, get the affidavits, and take them to a hearing at Animal Control. You can do a separate affidavit for every time it happens too, and the penalties go up each time they come back.

Sometimes just taking out the paperwork is enough to cure the problem, at least for a while. Unfortunately what I saw there over many years is that many defendants were frequent flyers who would often slip back into their old ways of neglect and would need to be charged again eventually.

A tape or video of the dog barking unattended does help if you end up having to go to a hearing too. Just don't take it out on the poor dog. It's not his fault, they picked him and not the other way around. Any dog can become a chronic barker if stuck outside unattended all the time.

I sat on the AA CO Animal Control Commission for about 8 years hearing those cases. With some people you just have to start keeping a log, get the affidavits, and take them to a hearing at Animal Control. You can do a separate affidavit for every time it happens too, and the penalties go up each time they come back.

Sometimes just taking out the paperwork is enough to cure the problem, at least for a while. Unfortunately what I saw there over many years is that many defendants were frequent flyers who would often slip back into their old ways of neglect and would need to be charged again eventually.

A tape or video of the dog barking unattended does help if you end up having to go to a hearing too. Just don't take it out on the poor dog. It's not his fault, they picked him and not the other way around. Any dog can become a chronic barker if stuck outside unattended all the time.

This could help.My story and I'll make it as short as possible;
    Neighbor to my Biz had a Rotty mix they would let roam.This dog would bark/chase people, after talking to the owners to no avail,I got a live trap from AC.

I had the owners on security cameras taking the dog out of the trap on a few occsions (after biz hours).Had the dog on camera running at large during biz hours.Since AC never actually caught the dog,they claimed they're hands were pretty much tied.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Sounds like the dog is neglected - it would be better off with another owner. Any way you could "rescue" the dog and take it to a no-kill shelter, far away enough so these losers can't find it?

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Thanks for the responses - unfortunately, these neighbors barely pay heed to repeated visits from AACPD (AAPD?) for their open air drug use, unlicensed car repair and tattoo businesses, etc. I doubt they would care if they got an affidavit (I had considered that before).

And yeah - taking it out on the dog was never an option. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom