• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    That's a little bit of a shock to me. I think he has done a great job reforming the AACO Police Department, but here is what he says:

Attachments

• 10425876_10152882789943395_6770805833035413688_n.jpg
      10425876_10152882789943395_6770805833035413688_n.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 323
    • 10526107_10152882790013395_7993975677644609680_n.jpg
      10526107_10152882790013395_7993975677644609680_n.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 325

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Class act. Good on him.

Yep, that was well written from more than a grammatical perspective. Written in one heck of a positive way. Reminded me about the State's Attorney's race in Anne Arundel County. Lost track of that during all the other election excitement. So happy to see the incumbent get the boot, and by a decent margin too. How she even received 42% of the vote is beyond me. Actually, I know how she received 42% of the vote. Some people just vote straight Democrat no matter what. If she had to run in the primary, I have no idea how she won that, other than the voters being complete morons.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm also curious about what "different direction" Schuh thinks the county needs. My initial feeling is that it makes a joke of his campaign slogan of "people over politics."

I don't know much about the Fire dept but I have two BiL's who retired a few years ago from the PD and neither of them have spoken critically of Davis. I know that at the community level, the efforts and attitudes of the officers I've come in contact with are about 1000% better than they were years ago. Examples: 3 or 4 years ago the PD was called due to kids on the vacant, wooded property next to the community marina were shooting what sounded like 22's and had a fire burning. The responding officer refused to get out of her car "because she might get a tick on her." Compare that to a week ago when my wife left a garage door open and the officer that usually patrols our area stopped and knocked on our door at 12:30am to let us know that the door was open and that there had been some thefts from open garages one neighborhood over.

I just hope that Schuh isn't doing a repeat of Erlich when he was elected and, IMHO, seemed to spend his whole one term looking for people to fire so he could replace them.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm also curious about what "different direction" Schuh thinks the county needs. My initial feeling is that it makes a joke of his campaign slogan of "people over politics."

I don't know much about the Fire dept but I have two BiL's who retired a few years ago from the PD and neither of them have spoken critically of Davis. I know that at the community level, the efforts and attitudes of the officers I've come in contact with are about 1000% better than they were years ago. Examples: 3 or 4 years ago the PD was called due to kids on the vacant, wooded property next to the community marina were shooting what sounded like 22's and had a fire burning. The responding officer refused to get out of her car "because she might get a tick on her." Compare that to a week ago when my wife left a garage door open and the officer that usually patrols our area stopped and knocked on our door at 12:30am to let us know that the door was open and that there had been some thefts from open garages one neighborhood over.

I just hope that Schuh isn't doing a repeat of Erlich when he was elected and, IMHO, seemed to spend his whole one term looking for people to fire so he could replace them.

Without commenting at all on the incumbents, it's a stretch to imply that "people over politics" EVER meant that Schuh intended to retain his predecessor's political appointees.

And you've apparently never had a tick on you. Ewwieee! :)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Without commenting at all on the incumbents, it's a stretch to imply that "people over politics" EVER meant that Schuh intended to retain his predecessor's political appointees.

I don't want the Fire nor Police department chiefs to be political patronage jobs. We have John Leopold to thank for succeeding that direction. As citizens we get stuck paying for these guys retirement packages.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Well they are both resigning because they were both told they were going to be replaced anyway, so what am I missing here.

I'll admit I know very little about Kevin Davis or how his subordinates feel about him but if one of his priorities was to increase diversity in the department over hiring the most competent people to do the job, regardless of their race, I can side with Mr. Schuh here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom