• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $450 for a well-run two day course using a shoothouse, sims, and full protective gear is a crazy good value. It was a great write-up, too. You're like me, though... maybe a little too hard on yourself for performance.

It sorta boggles the mind that there's no one down in this area regularly running such courses[1]; I can think of at least two ranges with sims-capable shoothouses in NoVA right off the top of my head, and I know there are others around.

[1] Shadow Hawk does, but it's a CQB course, not a concealed carry oriented course.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sounds like a great class at a screaming price. I don’t think those folk charge enough money for their time. I went through a 5 day class like this a few years ago. It was very mentally exhausting.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for all the feedback.

The students in last year's class told the instructors that they should charge more for the class. They (instructors) want to make it available/affordable to as many as possible. And yet the classes don't fill. I should note that the role players don't get paid. Other than a couple of free meals, they are there out of "love/brotherhood/etc", and because they learn, too.

I think they're doing the class 3 times in 2022, and I'd expect one of them to be at Alliance, which is only a 5 hr drive from Baltimore. It's worth it.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Also, I will appear on the Practically Tactical podcast tonight (well, we're recording tonight. Not sure when it'll be posted) along with another student who was in the class, to talk about our takeaways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom