• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • briwayjones

I have embedded a fair amount of videos. Not sure I want them to go full screen w/o my action required.

Click on the (you tube) icon in the video the you go to youtube, then you can select full screen. Not sure why the onus should be on a website.

They don't go full screen without your action. You don't hit play and they automatically go full screen or something. They go full screen if you hit the full screen button. But not unless you do.

Having to go to youtube to access full screen more or less defeats the purpose of having an embedded video over just having a link to the video on youtube.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I said I have little patience for people who respond without adequately reading a question. I didn't even come close or attempt to call him an idiot.

No, you didn't call him an idiot, but your attitude pretty much said "**** you for not giving me the answer I want!". He probably skimmed through it and saw YouTube and posted that as a quick answer to what he thought was the question.

You may mod/admin elsewhere, but you aren't one of those people here, you are just like every other member on here. If you don't like that, well, too bad, you know where the door is.

I tried to warn you about poking the bear with a stick. If you keep it up, you might find yourself getting squished by the hammer. OTOH be chill, relax, and let it go.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Having to go to youtube to access full screen more or less defeats the purpose of having an embedded video over just having a link to the video on youtube.

I disagree. It gives you an option. I like choices. I have a really big screen. My embedded view might be your full screen view and I can keep working. I would consider it a bother for an application to take over my screen.

If I want full screen YouTube I route them to the 55" led via plex. That is a choice too. Oh, That option comes with full 7.1 stereo surround.

briwayjones

No, you didn't call him an idiot, but your attitude pretty much said "**** you for not giving me the answer I want!". He probably skimmed through it and saw YouTube and posted that as a quick answer to what he thought was the question.

No, my attitude didn't say fyou for not giving me the answer I wanted. My attitude and frustration said that if you're not going to read a one sentence question with enough attention to know what it's asking then don't give an answer at all instead of just throwing something out there.

You just said exactly what I said earlier. That he just basically saw embedded youtube in my post and assumed I couldn't figure out how to embed a video. Except it was ignored when I said it.

You may mod/admin elsewhere, but you aren't one of those people here, you are just like every other member on here. If you don't like that, well, too bad, you know where the door is.

I didn't mention me being an admin/mod elsewhere because I feel like people on this site should bow down and worship me. The only reason I mentioned it is to convey that I have some knowledge of how the forum software works and that it's probably not a complicated issue. In response to a post someone else made. And also that I know the almost all internet forums like this are a labor of love and that they owners have busy lives outside of them.

I tried to warn you about poking the bear with a stick. If you keep it up, you might find yourself getting squished by the hammer. OTOH be chill, relax, and let it go.

Who is still poking anybody? I am no longer poking anybody. I admit I did poke a little in the beginning. Out of the frustration of Norton not giving enough attention to know what a one sentence question was asking to give an appropriate response. Which I feel is a form of disrespect. No different than if you're trying to have a 1 on 1 face to face conversation with someone and they're looking at you and acting like they're paying attention but not hearing a word you're saying. If you're going to take the time to respond to something than at least know what you're responding to. I know he's busy and such but he didn't have to respond at all then if he's too busy or whatever. And that's not another poke towards him. It's just me as an adult saying how I see the situation.

I haven't poked him or anybody since the beginning. I have just been trying to have a discussion saying how the matter came across to me. He has even posted since that second post he made.

But I guess I'm not even effectively communicating how I perceived the situation in a normal discussion so this will probably be my last response about the matter.

briwayjones

I disagree. It gives you an option. I like choices. I have a really big screen. My embedded view might be your full screen view and I can keep working. I would consider it a bother for an application to take over my screen.

If I want full screen YouTube I route them to the 55" led via plex. That is a choice too. Oh, That option comes with full 7.1 stereo surround.

Nothing is taking over your screen unless you tell it to. I'm not sure we are even talking about the same thing. I don't how you pushing a button that you choose to or not choose to push takes over anything.

The button is already there. I was just asking for it to be enabled so that I could use it if I choose to. Just because it's enabled isn't going to change how you use it in anyway.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Who is still poking anybody? I am no longer poking anybody. I admit I did poke a little in the beginning. Out of the frustration of Norton not giving enough attention to know what a one sentence question was asking to give an appropriate response. Which I feel is a form of disrespect. No different than if you're trying to have a 1 on 1 face to face conversation with someone and they're looking at you and acting like they're paying attention but not hearing a word you're saying.

You're out of your mind.

I damn well hope you never need anything from the site staff here because you're not going to get a damned thing from any of us.

"Disrespect"?

:rolleyes:

We have lured in some real whackos around here lately. :sad20:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    No, my attitude didn't say fyou for not giving me the answer I wanted. My attitude and frustration said that if you're not going to read a one sentence question with enough attention to know what it's asking then don't give an answer at all instead of just throwing something out there.

You just said exactly what I said earlier. That he just basically saw embedded youtube in my post and assumed I couldn't figure out how to embed a video. Except it was ignored when I said it.

I didn't mention me being an admin/mod elsewhere because I feel like people on this site should bow down and worship me. The only reason I mentioned it is to convey that I have some knowledge of how the forum software works and that it's probably not a complicated issue. In response to a post someone else made. And also that I know the almost all internet forums like this are a labor of love and that they owners have busy lives outside of them.

Who is still poking anybody? I am no longer poking anybody. I admit I did poke a little in the beginning. Out of the frustration of Norton not giving enough attention to know what a one sentence question was asking to give an appropriate response. Which I feel is a form of disrespect. No different than if you're trying to have a 1 on 1 face to face conversation with someone and they're looking at you and acting like they're paying attention but not hearing a word you're saying. If you're going to take the time to respond to something than at least know what you're responding to. I know he's busy and such but he didn't have to respond at all then if he's too busy or whatever. And that's not another poke towards him. It's just me as an adult saying how I see the situation.

I haven't poked him or anybody since the beginning. I have just been trying to have a discussion saying how the matter came across to me. He has even posted since that second post he made.

But I guess I'm not even effectively communicating how I perceived the situation in a normal discussion so this will probably be my last response about the matter.
    I got a nickel says you don't make it to 300 posts. :sad20:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    is there a way for videos to autoplay?

Yes
    I believe the YouTube embedding feature on this forum originally allowed you to auto play, but it was disabled because it was abused somewhat. (Imagine 20 instances of 'Amazing Horse' or 'Badger Badger Badger' all playing together....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when autoplay escaped from the offending thread.

Yes, youtube auto play is disabled :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You're out of your mind.

I damn well hope you never need anything from the site staff here because you're not going to get a damned thing from any of us.

"Disrespect"?

:rolleyes:

We have lured in some real whackos around here lately. :sad20:

You aren't kidding. "GIVE ME THE RESPECT I DESERVE !!!!".

Narcissism is not so UNcommon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom