• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    any one tried any of these on their mini 14? will it fit the factory folding type?:)
    ASRM2-ST-SC_closeup.jpg

note that the factory folding has a front side sling attachment and therefore does not have a base for the strut.

Last edited:

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Mo-Rod

I got one (a mo-rod)...just too lazy to go the range. I'll let you know this weekend! I have a pencil barreled 183 series...

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Mo-rod review

Okay guys,

I went to Cresap this morning with the mini-14 and mo-rod installed. Here are my impressions... the barrel did not get as hot as it did before. My shots, while more accurate as the barrel heated up than before (not as accurate as my ar, better than my sks-my mini used to be equal to my sks). I did notice that my rifle had a new noise after each shot-kinda like a tuning fork- so I guess there may be some truth to the ads stating that the rod/strut dampened harmonic vibrations in the barrel.

Keep in mind that my mo-rod is very very short. I had a custom mo-rod made because I have the GB barrel and so my mo-rod ends right before the bayonet lug. I'm willing to bet that a normal length strut/rod would help it out even better.

Let me know if you have any more Q's.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    just something for you guys to laugh at...while i was googling pictures of these accustruts and what-not...i came across this...

http://flapsblog.com/2007/08/01/mayor-antonio-villaraigosa-watch-pay-to-play-at-lausd/

"John Torres, right, special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, holds a Ruger Mini-14, a .53-caliber semiautomatic rifle"

when did ruger start making the mini-50?

edit: not trying to hijack the thread...but my .02, the accu-strut looks alot better than the mo-bar.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    just something for you guys to laugh at...while i was googling pictures of these accustruts and what-not...i came across this...

http://flapsblog.com/2007/08/01/mayor-antonio-villaraigosa-watch-pay-to-play-at-lausd/

"John Torres, right, special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, holds a Ruger Mini-14, a .53-caliber semiautomatic rifle"

edit: not trying to hijack the thread...but my .02, the accu-strut looks alot better than the mo-bar.

Lol, .53 caliber, I feel cheated that I only got a .223.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

That one is especially bad since it has a barrel shroud... the thing that goes up. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom