• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNC

Feb 13, 2011
    I purchased a GSG 5 SD online, and needed to get it transferred. After reading some reviews, I decided to go with Frank at Accuracy Clinic. Both pricing and geography made the decision pretty easy (he's in MoCo).

Right after I won the auction, I sent the Frank the seller's information via email. The following day, I contacted the seller and Frank had already faxed his FFL information to the seller (that was fast). The seller shipped my rifle and 4 days later, I get an email from Frank letting me know he received it and needed me to come fill out the paperwork. My schedule is very rigid, and he accommodated me and I went to his house to fill out the information.

I had thought the GSG 5 SD was a cash and carry item, but apparently it is regulated. There is a lot of confusion over this and a little patience now is better than getting in trouble later IMO. So, I'm now on day 3 of my 7 days . . . :party29:

Frank is a really friendly man, period. This is all new to me and I'm sure I must have sent him over 10 emails over the details, but he replied very quickly each time. He is professional, had the forms ready to be filled out, gave me proper instruction on how to fill them out, and in general, made it a very easy and painfree process. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM to anybody looking for a professional and friendly FFL in the MoCo area.

About my rifle: GSG 5 SD - saga continues in the rimfire section of the forum.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I've used Frank for something like 3 guns now. No problem. I think he's retired from his former job, so being an FFL is all he does now. In other words, you get good response times :thumbsup:

FNC

Feb 13, 2011
    Wasn't there a letter saying the .22 caliber copies weren't regulated?

I did a search, and I saw some people saying it was vs. wasn't regulated, people calling MSP and getting 2 different answers, etc, but I can wait 7 days. I guess it's the entire point about what the ACTUAL LAW states, but I'm not a lawyer . . . and I'm not gonna start arguing with my FFL about this and that, at the end of the day, HE could lose his license so if it makes me wait 7 days, it's better than a reliable, friendly man losing a means for income.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I did a search, and I saw some people saying it was vs. wasn't regulated, people calling MSP and getting 2 different answers, etc, but I can wait 7 days. I guess it's the entire point about what the ACTUAL LAW states, but I'm not a lawyer . . . and I'm not gonna start arguing with my FFL about this and that, at the end of the day, HE could lose his license so if it makes me wait 7 days, it's better than a reliable, friendly man losing a means for income.

Frank is open to discussing the issue of regulated or not, but if you have that discussion with Frank be sure to have your ducks in a row, be respectful, and lay out the documentation. Frank will err on the side of caution, but if you give him the ammunition to go to MSP with to prove without a doubt that you are correct, he will attempt to the best of his ability to follow the law as written. He transferred my Vz-58's as not regulated for instance, but only after I demonstrated that there was no way that it could be said it was an AK variant.

I love using Frank as an FFL, he's super knowledgable, super friendly and a stand up guy. I have done at least 10 transfers with Frank. He's reasonably priced, not the cheapest or the most expensive. He is professional and gets an A+ from me.

Mark

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    +1 for Frank. Does good gunsmith work, too. Definitely one of the best options in the Rockville area for FFL-related services.

FNC

Feb 13, 2011
    Followup: Today was day 7 :) Everything went nice and smooth. Went over and picked up my new addition and spent the last few hours taking is apart and upgrading :) See Rimfire for pics.

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    I just picked up a gunbroker shotgun through Frank. There was good communication, emails, etc, before the gun arrived. Once it did - I met him, paid my $30, he did his paperwork, he made a records-check phone call, and I was all set...

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    As mentioned in different thread, I've dealt with Frank a couple of times, based on feedback here on MdShooters, and was very satisfied with the service he provided. Excellent communications, super friendly, unlike some FFL's I've dealt with, where folks act as though they're put out by handling a transfer for you, even if they solicited your business. He's located in Montgomery County, and is very reasonable in terms of prices, a pleasure to deal with, and will certainly use again if the opportunity presents itself.

TB

RK23

Jan 21, 2010
    I got 2 HKs through Mr. Frank (Accuracy Clinic), he really is a nice gentleman to deal with, I'll do it again for sure.

Kevin

tanglebones

Jan 3, 2009
    I have also had a couple of guns transferred through Frank. The experience was top notch - he's just plain awesome. Professional, courteous, and a great guy.

obi-wan

May 26, 2011
    I found this info for Frank at Accuracy Clinic in an older thread;

Name: Frank
    Address:
    Accuracy Clinic
    15215 Shady Grove Road STE 102
    Rockville, MD 20850
    Phone: 301-929-1727
    Email: uncle.frank@earthlink.net

Does anyone know if this is the correct e-mail and phone number?
    If not does anyone know the updated info?
    Is he still charging $40 for a regulated transfer?

Thanks in advance

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    Yep. That is the correct email and phone number. I have never done a regulated transfer with him, so I am not sure on the current cost.

I found this info for Frank at Accuracy Clinic in an older thread;

Name: Frank
    Address:
    Accuracy Clinic
    15215 Shady Grove Road STE 102
    Rockville, MD 20850
    Phone: 301-929-1727
    Email: uncle.frank@earthlink.net

Does anyone know if this is the correct e-mail and phone number?
    If not does anyone know the updated info?
    Is he still charging $40 for a regulated transfer?

Thanks in advance

Doodads

May 29, 2011
    Sarasota
    Here is Frank's updated info:

Accuracy Clinic
    19640 Fisher Ave.
    Poolsville, MD 20837
    301-929-1727
    frankpoch@verizon.net

The telephone number and email address are current, but Frank works out of his house, which is off of Norbeck Road in Rockville. I went there in December to do a transfer. He does pick up his mail in Poolsville, he told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom