• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major03

Ultimate Member
    This country really doesn't want to fix the problem. If we did, we'd reverse the policies and cultural shifts that have attacked holding people personally responsible for their actions and have encouraged and in some cases rewarded the breakup of families.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    crazycatlady.png

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Agreed. There also needs to be periodic checks. A person can, and has, gone nuts while being perfectly fine previously.
    So, you agree with the points he made and want periodic checks, from the government, to exercise a fundamental right? We have background checks. Most of these high profile mass shooters have gone thru them. Given HIPPA, I don't think their mental health records even transfer over to the FBI for the background checks, unless they've been held for 30 days or more. The problem with these so called "common sense" gun law proposals is they don't work, will be abused, and don't work. Look up the FBI UCR reports. Deaths by AR15 rifles are less then by hands and feet, but are sensationalized by the media. But handguns account for the overwhelming majority of murders using firearms, and handguns typically are the most regulated non NFA firearm. Maryland for example, has pretty strict gun laws. Yet, criminals steal, and use handguns to commit crimes/murders. They don't care about the bore lock law, don't care about getting a HQL, don't care about the extended background checks, don't care about buying a stolen gun without going thru a mandatory background check and wait period, don't care if they are 21, and don't care if a pistol is on the roster. So, if they don't care about pistols, will more laws pertaining to AR15s really stem anything? I mean criminals are going to do what criminals do, crime. And murder, whether mass murder, or drug/gang related murder is still illegal, and if they are willing to go that far, some stupid feel good law is not going to dissuade them.

Feel good gun laws are nothing but a slope we slide down to lose our freedom. Again, take MD for example. In what, 96, they made it mandatory for all handgun transfers to go thru a FFL, enacted the bore lock law, wait period, etc. Did handgun murders magically disappear? No. Then in 2013 they promised new laws would make MD safer. Now we had to get a license just to buy a handgun, as well as get fingerprinted, to exercise a right. More hurdles. Did crimes using handguns go down? No. If they restrict AR15s, will these mass shooting stop? No. Then we'll get more laws. It'll go from needing to be 21 and a 8 day wait period to needing a license, a reason to have an "assault weapon", like the MD carry permit. Then they'll go after magazines, and possession. Will mass shooting stop? No. Then they'll try to outright ban "assault weapons". Will mass shootings stop? No. If they push thru an "assault weapons" ban, manufacturers will adapt to the market, to create firearms that meet the then set criteria for a legal weapon. Only to be banned further down the road. Weapons designed during the 94 AWB, are now included into the assault weapons ban bills, like HiPoint carbines, Keltecs, and so on. Then it'll evolve into banning repeating firearms like they're trying in Australia. The problem is, it is and incremental inch by inch the leftist gun grabbers are taking. They NEVER stop demanding more restrictions on the law abiding citizens, and consistently fail to hold the actual criminals accountable. We saw a whole lot of this in 2020. An angry mob, breaks down a wrought iron fence to a private neighborhood, marching thru. A homeowner, scared of what will happen to him and his wife, holds an AR15 (force multiplier) and the mob stays away, although threatening him on video. How many in that mob were prosecuted? None. Who did the leftist DA go after? The homeowner. What would have happened to his home, his neighborhood if he hadn't been armed? Who knows, but given the amount of arson, looting, and assaults during the summer of love, Mr Homeowner had a genuine need to protect himself with a force multiplying weapon. Then there was a kid in Kenosha, who used an AR15 to defend his life from an angry, violent mob attempting to burn down and area he was protecting, then aggressively going after him, intent on harming him. He was vastly outnumbered but came out victorious. Anyone who capitulates with these leftist gun grabbers is a traitor. The ones who want "common sense" gun reform, don't give a shit about our safety from the comfort of their bodyguard and fence protected mansions. The left wants control. THAT'S what the CONTROL in gun control is about. If they cared about safety, and gun laws worked, our cities, would be safe.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    So, you agree with the points he made and want periodic checks, from the government, to exercise a fundamental right? We have background checks. Most of these high profile mass shooters have gone thru them. Given HIPPA, I don't think their mental health records even transfer over to the FBI for the background checks, unless they've been held for 30 days or more. The problem with these so called "common sense" gun law proposals is they don't work, will be abused, and don't work. Look up the FBI UCR reports. Deaths by AR15 rifles are less then by hands and feet, but are sensationalized by the media. But handguns account for the overwhelming majority of murders using firearms, and handguns typically are the most regulated non NFA firearm. Maryland for example, has pretty strict gun laws. Yet, criminals steal, and use handguns to commit crimes/murders. They don't care about the bore lock law, don't care about getting a HQL, don't care about the extended background checks, don't care about buying a stolen gun without going thru a mandatory background check and wait period, don't care if they are 21, and don't care if a pistol is on the roster. So, if they don't care about pistols, will more laws pertaining to AR15s really stem anything? I mean criminals are going to do what criminals do, crime. And murder, whether mass murder, or drug/gang related murder is still illegal, and if they are willing to go that far, some stupid feel good law is not going to dissuade them.

Feel good gun laws are nothing but a slope we slide down to lose our freedom. Again, take MD for example. In what, 96, they made it mandatory for all handgun transfers to go thru a FFL, enacted the bore lock law, wait period, etc. Did handgun murders magically disappear? No. Then in 2013 they promised new laws would make MD safer. Now we had to get a license just to buy a handgun, as well as get fingerprinted, to exercise a right. More hurdles. Did crimes using handguns go down? No. If they restrict AR15s, will these mass shooting stop? No. Then we'll get more laws. It'll go from needing to be 21 and a 8 day wait period to needing a license, a reason to have an "assault weapon", like the MD carry permit. Then they'll go after magazines, and possession. Will mass shooting stop? No. Then they'll try to outright ban "assault weapons". Will mass shootings stop? No. If they push thru an "assault weapons" ban, manufacturers will adapt to the market, to create firearms that meet the then set criteria for a legal weapon. Only to be banned further down the road. Weapons designed during the 94 AWB, are now included into the assault weapons ban bills, like HiPoint carbines, Keltecs, and so on. Then it'll evolve into banning repeating firearms like they're trying in Australia. The problem is, it is and incremental inch by inch the leftist gun grabbers are taking. They NEVER stop demanding more restrictions on the law abiding citizens, and consistently fail to hold the actual criminals accountable. We saw a whole lot of this in 2020. An angry mob, breaks down a wrought iron fence to a private neighborhood, marching thru. A homeowner, scared of what will happen to him and his wife, holds an AR15 (force multiplier) and the mob stays away, although threatening him on video. How many in that mob were prosecuted? None. Who did the leftist DA go after? The homeowner. What would have happened to his home, his neighborhood if he hadn't been armed? Who knows, but given the amount of arson, looting, and assaults during the summer of love, Mr Homeowner had a genuine need to protect himself with a force multiplying weapon. Then there was a kid in Kenosha, who used an AR15 to defend his life from an angry, violent mob attempting to burn down and area he was protecting, then aggressively going after him, intent on harming him. He was vastly outnumbered but came out victorious. Anyone who capitulates with these leftist gun grabbers is a traitor. The ones who want "common sense" gun reform, don't give a shit about our safety from the comfort of their bodyguard and fence protected mansions. The left wants control. THAT'S what the CONTROL in gun control is about. If they cared about safety, and gun laws worked, our cities, would be safe.
    Background checks are really only a snapshot in time.

I don't know the right answer but what we're doing now isn't working.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Background checks are really only a snapshot in time.

I don't know the right answer but what we're doing now isn't working.
    I can’t imagine a lot of LE agencies don’t run the list daily.

Sirex