• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbreeze

Most Exalted Empress
    Mar 30, 2009
    PG County
    Would like to find one for Glock 19, preferably that is sturdy enough not to shift from vibration or general gun handling, and one that does not include an elevated front sight that will make the gun no longer fit in its holster . . . any suggestions?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    glock has factory adjustables in some of their guns (my 34 and boss's 17L came with them) but they are plastic like the factory fixed sights. Very small and compact. Will not interfere with holster.

Other brands include LPA and Bomar (you will likely have to use elevated front sights with these units unless you elect to have your slide milled to recess mount the rear adjustable down further)

Brownells has a wide assortment of handgun sights to choose from in many styles and price ranges and (at least to me) sight selection is a very personal preference. I would spend some time browsing the options and then speak to your gunsmith about the proposed modification. If you do not use a gunsmith and do your own work, make up a set of dummy sights to the dimensions of the set you want to install to test holster fit before you buy (all holsters are a bit different and good sights are usually expensive).

Cbreeze

Most Exalted Empress
    Mar 30, 2009
    PG County
    Thanks. I had heard that the Glock adjustable sights were a bit flimsy and likely not to hold a zero . . . your impression?

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    Thanks. I had heard that the Glock adjustable sights were a bit flimsy and likely not to hold a zero . . . your impression?

i dont keep plastic sights on any of my glocks.... check out dawson precision. thats where i order all of mine from.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The adjustables on the 34 seem to be alright as far as holding a "zero" but the weapon only has a few thousand rounds through it so far and doesn't see carry or any use more aggressive than extended range time. One thing i CAN say is that using an autosear (I moonlight for an 07, it isn't transferrable) didn't seem to hurt them. I don't mess with them much, but I can say that if you repeatedly screw with the adjustments, i could see them "self adjusting". I removed them once (weapon temporarily wore a Carver optics mount til I got something more optics-friendly) and it is far from the more robust sight systems (I like Bomar, but as I said before, sights are personal preference just like optics).

I generally do not carry sidearms with adjustable sights. they are too fragile for such use. Competition environment (MOST of them, anyway) i've found them to be fine. My 19 (used as a "work" gun) has steel night sights.

I just eyeballed the Dawson adjustables that Grrrr mentioned and they look nice. If I were to use aftermarket adjustables on my Glock, I'd certainly consider buying them. I don't use any of their sights but have used other products they make with good results.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    Should have mentioned that i dont use any adjustable sights on my glocks so i cant actually give an opinion on any from dawson. I do use several differnt styles of warrens and such from them and would "assume" that the adjustables would be of high quality also. So far my favorite set of sights is the warren tactical blk/blk with serrated front.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I don't use adjustable sights on my glocks, I have no idea how the factory adjustables hold up. That being said, I have some adjustable factory rears (if I can find them) and I will give you one if I can find it. Just PM me if interested and be willing to meet in Towson or BelAir (or be willing to ship on your dime)

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah'll I'' second the Warren or Dawson sights. Plenty of guys use them for GSSF and IPSC.

N2DFire

Mar 31, 2012
    I know it's kind of a late response but I stumbled on to this forum / thread while researching Adjustable Rear Sights.

One of the sights I found that look interesting is http://www.tacticalshooting.com/pro-sights-store

I like how this is "adjustable" but it seems to be more like a fixed sight once everything is in place & loc-tite'd down.

Price wise it's comparable to the Dawson Adjustable also.

Just thought I would add it for consideration if you (or anyone else) were still looking.

Disclaimer(s)
    I don't live in MD, I live in VA (but my wife's family is in MD)
    I don't work for or have any affiliation with this gentleman or his company

Steve

N2DFire

Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks hodgepodge

Sorry so slow to get back to you - was actually up in MD visiting family for Easter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom