• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i did a (my one and only) white water rafting trip on the lower Gauley near there, i think class 3 and 4 rapids, pretty intense at times. was a chilly overcast day and my one buddy was pretty much literally blue from being so cold. don't remember the outfitter or any particulars but twas fun.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I haven't tried that particular outfitter, but the town is pretty cool. Lots of stuff to do. Make sure you take the bridge walk tour. Not as exciting as a zipline but something you don't get to see every day, either. Even more fun if you have a fear of heights.

http://www.bridgewalk.com/

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Been years, but as I recall, the group we went with had two different trips, depending on your ability and fearlessness.. lol

The New River trip was a little less intense, from what I heard, we did the Gauley and it was pretty knarly the day we rode it.. No ziplining back then, can't help you there, but New River Gorge is beautiful and worth the trip for sure.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I took a motorcycle trip down there a few years ago. I met up with friends who went down for the rafting. They had a blast. I'll see if I can find out which place they used.
    It's really pretty country out there.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Yeah, just thinking of taking my 12 yr old down for some fun. We usually go to Blackwater. Did some skiing in the winter, now he wants zip lining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom