• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    Situation, bought an IZ240 back before the ban. Due to my job, I am out of the country many months of the year. For ease and convenience, I opted to have my IZ240 converted into a more conventional looking AK74 by way of a known builder (and one that my friend had two rifles being worked on at), Overland Industries. This was back in April 2014. There were numerous delays, many due to medical, and I am still without my rifle. Since I am out of the country (and often without Internet) for long periods of time, I've not been able to stay on top of him. In the past, I would get the "it is nearly done, I am hoping to have it shipped by the end of the month" every time I contacted him, but now I don't hear anything back, either by email or by phone call. Last word I got was a promise to have it before 4th of july. I have since requested to have my rifle returned in whatever state it is in, as well as a full refund.

My questions:
    1) has anyone experienced something like this before?
    2) Where do I stand legal-action wise? It is not like I can just buy another AK74 in Maryland. I have a lot of money tied up in this rifle, and it is really pissing me off. At any point is my rifle considered stolen?
    3) Does anyone know Gary Robertson personally? Is he even still alive?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There are some grim reviews on the Internet about Overland. If you were in the same state you could go to small claims court. Being out of the country, you need a lawyer.

If the lawyer could recover your losses and legal fees that would be great. Winning in court isn't the same as collecting the settlement. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom