• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Just a fyi, I didbthe paperwork on 3 blems this week, they all had blems. 2 looked like pitting/blotches in the anodizing all over 1 side, and 1 had a major scratch about 3 inches long.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    These are nice lowers

I bought the "flawless" ones for the second build class that I will be offering and these are really nice lowers. In my opinion they are as good or as nice as my Daniel Defense and Spikes lowers that I have. As far as cosmetic blems go, I would buy them in a heart beat. Do you really think your gun will stay pristine if you use it? And if at some point you customize it with duracoat or get it hydrodipped will anyone ever know? BTW if you send it to Bollinger's as your FFL to do the transfer, they can customize it while it and you wait for MSP to get the NICS number. I'm just saying.

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Left mine in 8 day prison today after paperwork and I must say I could not find ANY blemishes whatsoever! Sorry to those that got shafted...didn't see those threads when purchased. I paid $100 too btw. Wish I waited but I won't complain. Now it's time for another LPK and decent trigger group.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I bought the "flawless" ones for the second build class that I will be offering and these are really nice lowers. In my opinion they are as good or as nice as my Daniel Defense and Spikes lowers that I have. As far as cosmetic blems go, I would buy them in a heart beat. Do you really think your gun will stay pristine if you use it? And if at some point you customize it with duracoat or get it hydrodipped will anyone ever know? BTW if you send it to Bollinger's as you FFL to do the transfer, they can customize it while it and you wait for MSP to get the NICS number. I'm just saying.

Now thats a good idea ! Bollingers can do the work while we wait .:thumbsup:

Savior4116

Aug 20, 2012
    MoCo
    We've been through this debate before. If I remember correctly this company cancelled preorders and then instantly doubled the price. No one is saying companies shouldn't have raised their prices, but the way they went about it was unethical. With that said, we only have 4 months to go so beggars can't be choosers.

I agree 100%.
    In my opinion as a business owner canceling preorders is un-president. Call me Old School.
    Some people "smdumb"are clueless until the gum ball machine steals their .25 cents.:sad20:

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Some people "smdumb"are clueless until the gum ball machine steals their .25 cents.

Have to resort to name calling do you? All because I didn't understand why you were so pissed at aero because you posted about a box of parts carefully wrapped in foam vs being placed in die cut foam? Real manly of you!

But back to the topic of the thread...

I have read about what AP did to Brownells and other distributors. Pretty crappy in anyones book. But I have ordered from them before they did that and have since (for the blems.) I picked up 7 registered transfers Friday, of which 5 were AP blemed lowers. They sent 5 consecutive serial numbers, only 2 were marked blem. I had to look long and hard to figure out why they even labeled them blem but think I eventually figured it out. The blems had the last half of the serial number engraved too deep. Looks like a chip or something stuck under part in the fixture when they were clamped down and the engraving as it goes from left to right gets deeper and deeper. The digits are still easily legible but are noticeably deeper and thus fatter to the point where they almost touch on the last 2 digits.

Attachments

• AP_lowers_resize_redacted.jpg
      AP_lowers_resize_redacted.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 260

Savior4116

Aug 20, 2012
    MoCo
    "All because I didn't understand why you were so pissed at aero because you posted about a box of parts carefully wrapped in foam vs being placed in die cut foam"?

Your right....I would never run my business the way AP did.

"Real manly of you!"

Just my opinion . I'm easy to find. Just look me up bother.

My user name does NOT change.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    "All because I didn't understand why you were so pissed at aero because you posted about a box of parts carefully wrapped in foam vs being placed in die cut foam"?

Your right....I would never run my business the way AP did.

"Real manly of you!"

Just my opinion . I'm easy to find. Just look me up bother.

My user name does NOT change.

Oh Damn! :omg:

Nov 22, 2012
    I have plenty of lowers, thinking about one last one to get cerakoted at Bollingers. Debating on the AP but their business practices definitely are making me think twice. Does anyone know what their prices were prior to the price hikes. I just want one last lower trying to wait for prices to get as low as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom