• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I'm racking my memory from over the years . but I can't recall using Za Kershaw .
    Well, we haven't formally met yet, certainly not to the point I would say I know you.

I had a spyderco Kiwi with the stag handle that I lost, been trying to replace that for some time. Hard to find.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    usually have to top $100 to get steel that is noticeably better than the basic budget steels everyone uses, $200 can get some really good stuff, especially the ton of "carried once never cut" knives people sell on Facebook knife groups and knife forums. Most of the sub $100 kershaw speedsafe knives have slippery and heavy stainless steel scales, and the weird hard to sharpen recurve edges Ken Onion loved. You can usually get a Spyderco Para 2/3 in S30V or better for just over $100, TONS of different models to choose from. There are a few low end ZTs in that have their excellent KVT bearing setup in that range, 0450s, but sometimes the mid-higher models can be found used for a deal. Benchmade tends to use bushings, but the Axis lock is a wonderful lock that can also be used to take pressure off and deploy a blade. Now that the patent has expired some other companies, mainly Hogue use the lock. The Ritter knives can be found around $150-ish and the Deka is cheaper than that. They have massive upgrades in design and materials. Some Hogue models use the newest supersteel Magnacut in very reasonably priced knives.
    You've given me lots to Google! Thank you!!!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    The SOG options aren't to be overlooked. The terminus can be had in s30v within your budget, and it has the same lock method as most Benchmades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom