• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I don't think I know any man who hasn't carried one of those Kershaws at some point in their lives.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've carried Kershaw for years. First a Ken Onion, and a Blur for what I'm assuming is a decade or more.

I'm still pissed that I had to ditch my first Blur to enter an event some years ago. It wasn't about the money, it was that I had carried that knife for years and it was now gone.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    So many third-party outfits were converting 110s , Buck decided to get their share a few years ago .
    The Chinese decided to throw their fake buck conversions into the mix as well. The easiest way to quickly tell a fake Buck 110 or 112 from a factory model is the back spring pin. If it is brass move on. On every legitimate 110 or 112 auto the back spring pin is stainless.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Assisted opening is often times a crutch for a crappy action. A nice smooth action on bearings or PB bushings with a decent tuned just right will fly open, and is much easier to close.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I only had one assisted opener in my life, a Benchmade Nitrous Stryker.

Nice knife that I think I gave away. I absolutely loathe knives with liner locks. They suck whole bags of dicks.

IMO, of course.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Any recommendations in that vein?
    usually have to top $100 to get steel that is noticeably better than the basic budget steels everyone uses, $200 can get some really good stuff, especially the ton of "carried once never cut" knives people sell on Facebook knife groups and knife forums. Most of the sub $100 kershaw speedsafe knives have slippery and heavy stainless steel scales, and the weird hard to sharpen recurve edges Ken Onion loved. You can usually get a Spyderco Para 2/3 in S30V or better for just over $100, TONS of different models to choose from. There are a few low end ZTs in that have their excellent KVT bearing setup in that range, 0450s, but sometimes the mid-higher models can be found used for a deal. Benchmade tends to use bushings, but the Axis lock is a wonderful lock that can also be used to take pressure off and deploy a blade. Now that the patent has expired some other companies, mainly Hogue use the lock. The Ritter knives can be found around $150-ish and the Deka is cheaper than that. They have massive upgrades in design and materials. Some Hogue models use the newest supersteel Magnacut in very reasonably priced knives.

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't think I know any man who hasn't carried one of those Kershaws at some point in their lives.

*****Come here to MoCo. Tons of "Men" have never carried a Kershaw, but know how to accessorize an outfit properly as well as use safety scissors to make Origami and also to arrange a proper flower centerpiece for a Fondue party with their friends.

If they shoot guns, we all know what caliber pistol they are shooting and have holstered in their prison pockets.. :innocent0

yEA2.jpg

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    *****Come here to MoCo. Tons of "Men" have never carried a Kershaw, but know how to accessorize an outfit properly as well as use safety scissors to make Origami and also to arrange a proper flower centerpiece for a Fondue party with their friends.

If they shoot guns, we all know what caliber pistol they are shooting and have holstered in their prison pockets.. :innocent0

View attachment 378150

I think my point stands. If I have to ask their pronouns, I could care less what they are carrying.

As for smooth opening knives, I have a SOG spec elite that is slicker than wet goose shit. So quiet as well.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    My EDC is a Cold Steel Oyabun, though I also have several Kershaws and you can't go wrong with one as everyone here is suggesting. I like the CS as it's not assisted, something banned in Baltimorgue and Ocean Sh&tty, but super smooth to open. I also have the limited that I like even more and carry it on occasion, but it's higher than your price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom